CHiPs Season 2 DVD Announced

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mark Talmadge, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

Discovered that CHiPs Season 2 may be seeing a release date for October 13th, 2007. Was trying to check out the episode guide on the site over at Wikipedia and discovered that they have a release listed for second season. This is awesome news as they generally don't post such information there unless it's on the mark ...

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHiPs#DVD_Releases

2. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary

I really, really wish that release date was correct (I'll say why in a second) but the reality is it can't be because the 13th of October is a SATURDAY! So we know this isn't correct. Is the release even coming in October at all? I don't know, but I'm not gonna get too excited about anything Wikipedia says on the subject. Just not a reliable source.

IF this turns out to be true, and October is the correct month for a second season release, I'd be stoked. Reason is that CHiPs had one of the best Halloween episodes of all time during it's second season. I'd love to have that season set in October just for that reason. I'm not nearly as big on Halloween themed episodes as I am Christmas themed ones, but this would be a great addition because it's a fantastically spooky little episode.

Gary "it remains to be seen if and when we get a second season release" O.

3. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

That would be great news [​IMG]

4. 70sTVlover

70sTVlover Stunt Coordinator

I'm waiting season 1 from Amazon.com, I hate living in the UK it takes ages for me to get all the good DVDs instead of waiting years for them to be released R2. I'll get season 2 and onwards hopefully that is the date!

5. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

A reminder: Wikipedia is the single-worst source of DVD information on the internet. ANYONE can update the information there, and they do. They make up whatever date they want, and they post it to Wikipedia.

I should start keeping track of all the incorrect dates that are posted on Wikipedia. Off the top of my head I remember Taxi Season 4 coming in May (nothing planned), Simpsons Season 10 on June 12 (coming in August) and Reba Season 5 for July 17 (nothing planned).

Gord

6. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

I'm starting to realize that now since Dave informed me that the stated date is on a Saturday ... heh ...

Thanks for the clarification, Gord ...

7. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary

Hmmm. I could have sworn I said that too. [​IMG]

Gary "maybe I'm on someone's ignore list" O.

8. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    I have the first two season of this show. I was hoping to see more releases of this show, but, i am guessing it is stall series for now. I am ok with the first two season, because it has a few good episodes, like Emergency! crossover and dirt bike epsiodes. I believe it was either seaon 3 or 4 that Larry Wilcox left with a dispute over salary.