What's new

Children Of Men debuts on HD DVD Combo Format, 3-27-07 (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Jason,

I didn't receive the discount either, so I sent them an e-mail. Within a day they replied and had lowered the price on my order with $3. :)

Then, BTW, I got a new e-mail, explaining that this wouldn't work, because the "system" adjusts the price in accordance with the database the moment the order is sent (believing this would only occur if the price goes down, I had already contemplated that I theoretically missed a tiny chance to cash in on a possible lowering of the price).
So they now granted me a coupon, to be used with my next purchase, which is alright with me.

Cees

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Ordering the "Children Of Men" HD DVD Combo Format on Amazon.com will now automatically give the BN Promotion of $2.80 credit at checkout for those who qualify.

Paul

brap

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alisdair Edwards
I haven't purchased a HD player yet. I'm kinda neutral in the format war, but I'm willing to pay the extra few dollars on a HD-DVD combo just in case. It's not like if BD wins all HD-DVD players will melt. My main concern is are the extras on the DVD side as well?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Sure hope I get the email from Amazon today stating those wonderful words...."We'd like you to know your order has shipped". :)

Man do I want this HD DVD now!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Tim,

Funny, and you won't believe it: just got this e-mail.

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this completes your order.

You saved an additional $0.04 with Amazon.com's Pre-Order Price Guarantee!
The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

Also, our Pre-Order Price Guarantee hasn't ended yet: if the price of the
item(s) decreases again between now and the release date, we will issue you a refund for the difference.

You can track the status of this order, and all your orders, online by visiting Your Account at http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/history/view.html

There you can:
* Track your shipment
* View the status of unshipped items
* Cancel unshipped items
* Return items
* And do much more

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com LLC):
1 Children of Men (Combo HD ... $27.95 1 $27.95

Shipped via Standard Intl Shipping
(..... etc.)

:)

(The "meagre" four cents discount came additionally to the $2.80 I already received. :) )

Go check your e-mail!

Cees

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
That's great Cees. :)....4 cents is 4 cents.

Looks like mine is 'shipping soon' and will be here on Thursday, Mar. 29.

Kind of strange thing as I messed around some with the shipping thing. I can understand how using the free ship method it would arrive slower...guess it goes media mail or something. But shouldn't no matter how it's shipped, leave on the same day? Doesn't. The faster I shipped it, the faster it leaves the warehouse.

Learn something new everyday. :)

Mike.P

Second Unit
Awesome, mine shipped today as well! I did super saver cause I'm cheap, but I usually get them by Friday, so I'll be watching it this weekend hopefully.

Caught it 4 times in theaters and there was absolutely no chance I would be buying it in anything less then HD. My #2 of 2006 (probably #1 but I refuse to bump down the Fountain until I see it again).

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter

I believe if you hunt around Amazon's site for the fine print regarding their free Super Saver shipping, it will indicate that these orders are essentially a lower priority than others. Orders for customers who paid for shipping and for Amazon Prime members will take top priority, and Super Saver orders get shuffled toward the bottom.

I can't state for sure that this is necessarily still the case. I've been a Prime member for over a year and haven't looked back. :)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Mine shipped today. For what it's worth, every HD-DVD I've pre-ordered with super saving shipping was shipped on either the release date or the day before. The package usually arrives on Thursday or Friday, which is perfect for me because I don't have time to watch anything before then. :)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I just bought and saw this on DVD. An amazing movie. Too bad they don't release it on BD.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I was just called and told my copy of Children of Men arrived at my house today (too bad I am out of town). If it would have come this weekend, I probably would nt have had time to watch it, as my Grand daughter an I spent most of Monday watching Happy Feet and March of the Penguins, which Amazon delightfully shipped me early.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Cees,

Got the same email as you today! :D...saved a whopping 4 cents! :)

Sam, don't deny yourself the HD DVD version...it does have the sd side for your blu-ray player to play. ;)...

Join in Sam...it's your destiny. :)

Brett, you're right about the free shipping. Got the same email today regarding Happy Feet. Used the super saver shipping. Most likely it will be here Thurs or Friday for ZERO shipping costs when I paid extra for the 2 day ship method for Children of Men. :crazy:

Cool stuff Thomas!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Pretty great film. Those long takes with no breaks are amazing! Very impressive!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Tim,

You will have the actual package before I do!
But only for 2 or 3 days - those international shippings take about 7 days now, which is better than they used to.

Unless Customs want to have a look at it, that is (normally not if under $45).

Cees

Dave>h

Second Unit
I purchased this blind on HD DVD but the word of mouth is pretty good for this film. Hopefully you all aren't steering me wrong.

Really have no idea what this is about but "Blade Runner for the new Millenium" piqued my interest...

Pretty rare that people on this forum get it wrong so I am trusting you.

Dave

loganhunter2002

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Logan Hunter

By the way, how is Camp Cuddly Pines Powertool Massacre (2005)? I am curious as to how HD DVD looks for Adult titles.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Just want to add that you should watch this with an open mind and don't expect Blade Runner or you will be disappointed. It's not the "Blade Runner for the new Millennium", On the contrary, the filmmakers say that it's actually "Anti-Blade Runner"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks