What's new

Chessy 80's movies (1 Viewer)

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
Han, I know exactly what you mean. I or one of my friends, as a rule, refer to any part 2 as that. "Let's go see Blade 2: Electric Boogaloo!" - "Star Wars 2: Electric Boogaloo was way better than Phantom Menace."

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Fraternity Vacation which is on DVD by Anchor Bay
Supergirl also on DVD by Anchor Bay
Million Dollar Mystery (1987) with ultra cheese actor, Eddie Deezen-would really like to see on DVD!!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Han, Thrashin', how could I forget! That with RAD would be an incredible double feature.
Also forgot two quintessential 80's movies.
Breakin' and of course...
Breakin' 2 - Electric Boogaloo
(The greatest name for a sequel in the history of film.)
Ross just got his wish! April 15th...Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo!!!
Just the sequel for now; no Breakin'. But MGM came through on the "greatest name for a sequel in the history of film"!!! :laugh:

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Just an FYI, GALAXINA is actually anamorphic widescreen - but one of the worst transfers I've seen. It was also my debut review for dOc.
So bad, it's good...:)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just saw a moovie called FULL MOON HIGH. with adam arkin and some other names that were not known in 1981.

this was without a doubt a very chessy movie.

it was on showtime the other day.

whio remembers that one.

it was one of the stupidest funny movies i ever saw.

Jalil

Stunt Coordinator
electric dreams... real cheesy but hey.. reminds me of times long long ago :0

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Cheesy teen sex comedies of the early 80's...

Hardbodies
Spring Break
My Tutor
Screwballs
School Spirit
Screen Test
Hot Resort
Hot Moves
Hot Chili
Private Lessons
Private School
Private Resort
Hot Dog - The Movie
Hamburger - The Motion Picture
Up the Creek
Where the Boys Are '84
Goin' All the Way
Preppies
The First Turn-On!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Found next Tuesday's release of "Angel Collection" (Angel/Avenging Angel/Angel III) at a street-date breaker. $27.99...mine-all-mine. Goes well with Half Moon Street (one's a professor by day/hooker by night, the other a student :D ).
Looked at #1 real quick, quality seems decent enough (though hardly demo material).

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I wish the legend of billy jean would come to dvd already , that is the cheesiest of them all. If this was owned by universal we would have a trillion versions already. The fair is fair edition, rebel edition, and of course the tricked out motor scooter edition.:D

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Isn't Legend of Billie Jean, in limbo right now untill the studio gets music clearences?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Is it just me or does every single unreleased 80s movie have that sorry excuse?If it was any other movie i would believe it, but this film doesnt have that many songs in it compared to other flicks. I think they simply just feel it wont sell enough.:frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I'm not saying she's the reason or anything, but in theory all that's required to hold up the works on Legend of Billy Jean is one short little singer named "Pat".

Nah...I love her, she's so cool, and her songs are the best. She wouldn't do that to us.

I'm just saying, it's really easy for that to be the legit reason based on one key song that can make or break a movie for the fans...

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Wont anybody help us ? What are we running for ! When theres nowhere we can run to anymore, stand up and face the enemy ! Its a do or die situation ! We will be invinicebleeeeeeeeee ! I always thought that song was pats absolute best, seen her in concert recently, still kicks butt !:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks