What's new

Chessy 80's movies (1 Viewer)

Now that I was thinking about Little Darlings I came up with a few others that I want on DVD and have yet to hear anything about:
The Monster Squad
Valley Girl
Troop Beverly Hills
Grease II
Lucas
License to Drive
Special Editions of Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles & Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure,and Weird Science
Can't Buy Me Love, Pretty in Pink, Cocktail, Flashdance, Some Kind of Wonderful, are all coming out in the fall so maybe I can see the others early next year. (hahaha)
If anyone knows who owns the rights to any of these let me know.
Are there any other cheesy 80's movies that anyone else is waiting for?
~Kathleen

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I really wouldn't call those 'cheesy', but I may as well add more that I'd like.

Continental Divide
Dragonslayer (maybe in '03)
Summer Lovers
High Road to China
Two of a Kind
Prime Risk
D.A.R.Y.L.
Into the Night
The Man With One Red Shoe
Mischief
Every Time We Say Goodbye
Three O'Clock High
Loverboy

I hope at least a few of these are in the works. (I want to trash my VHS tapes)!

Glenn

Greg Ambrose

Auditioning
Kathleen, since you brought up the topic, there is one movie that is very dear to me that usually gets a blank stare when I bring it up - it's called 'Surf II', and it involved Eddie Deezen trying to take over the world with this mind controlling soda. One of Eric Stoltz's early movies, as kind of a pre-Bill and Ted surf punk, by the way. It was completely goofy and lacking in redeeming qualities and I loved it so - used to have it on video and along with Strange Brew and Summer School, was one of my big big 80s favorites. I'd pay serious money to get this one on DVD!

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
One Crazy Summer
Student Bodies
Six Weeks
Tomboy
Angel
Avenging Angel
Weekend Pass
The Wild Life
D.C. Cab
My Bloody Valentine

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
How about these old movies from the eighties.

The Wizard

Monster Squad

Little Monster

Summerschool

Twins

And if it came out in the eighties, Duck Tails the movie. I have a strange love for that one.

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
"Surf II" is an excellent choice but I actually preferred "Surf I"

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Can't Buy Me Love is coming out 8/13. But, unfortunately, Disney's site appears to be right on this one--fullscreen only.

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
I'll second Into The Night and The Wizard. I love Michelle Pfeiffer(ever since Ladyhawke:b) and The Wizard has been a favorite since it was released(might have something to do with the main character being a timid video game freak;))...

Julie K

Screenwriter
Here's one that I don't believe has been discussed:
Curse of the Blue Lights
This one is a total cheese-fest. It drips cheese. It oozes cheese. It's a big old mound of cheese piled on top of more cheese. It's a Mount Everest of cheese.
I so wish it were on DVD :frowning:

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Well there on cheesy eighties movie that deserves to release on DVD, and my dad happen to put it on the tv a minute ago...Moving Violation. It screams cheesy with the girl from Twister (Bill Paxton's finace) having a little "car checkup", and other strange stuff.

LeeL

Stunt Coordinator
For whatever reason, this just makes me think of the "This movie's gonna make "House Party" look like "House Party 2!" line from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
And while I'm posting today, I'd like to thank Victoria, BC's own Jason Whyte for using my "Jack Lemmon" statement regarding Glengarry Glen Ross in his sig file. I feel like I have now made it here at the HTF.

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
I would add these titles to the list:
The Last American Virgin
Up the Creek
H.O.T.S. (although technically released in 1979)
Todd

Gavin_L

Second Unit
how bout secret admirer, wouldn't mind seeing that released, tons of great 80's movies yet to be released :)

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For whatever reason, this just makes me think of the "This movie's gonna make "House Party" look like "House Party 2!" line from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
Well, I admit this is a pretty obscure (and not particularly funny) joke, but since nobody got it yet, I'll explain.

There is no "Surf I." It's one of the gags of "Surf II" that it was released with that title but there was no first movie.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I think I misread the post but did the third poster say that Dragonslayer was or wasn't cheesy?
If you did say it was cheesy, then..............my friend you have made an enemy........MUAAAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAA!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks