What's new

Cheers & Frasier: SEASON 1 RELEASE DATES! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Cheers and Frasier are both being released on May 20, 2003!

$49.99 SRP for each series' complete first season! Yippee!

Frasier features:
• Behind The Couch: The Making Of Frasier
• Commentary on Pilot Episode by Peter Casey and David Lee
• Frasier Crane's Apartment
• Production Design Featurette
4 discs, 24 episodes, 544 minutes.
(cover art not yet available)

Cheers features:
• Setting The Bar: A Conversation with Ted Danson
• Love At First Fight: Opposites Distract
• Coach Ernie Pantusso's Rules of the Game
• I'll Drink To That: Stormin' Norm-isms
• "It's A Little Known Fact...": Cheers Trivia Game
4 discs, 22 episodes, 539 minutes.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
50 bucks for a whole season? I'm impressed! From Paramount I expected a higher price. Nice one.

Chris

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
"Yippee"?

Did you work at Watto's junkyard or something? No grown man should ever utter the phrase "yippee".

Great news on the Cheers extras though!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Sounds good! Interesting to see that although Frasier has 2 more episodes, the total running time is only 5 minutes longer...

I wonder what the running time of half hour programs will be like in another 10-20 years?

I'll probably pick up Cheers. It used to be one of my all time favs. Hey, I think Kelsey has been playing Frasier for about 19 years... that must be close to a record!

Ric

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I think Kelsey has been playing Frasier for about 19 years... that must be close to a record!
Frasier was recently re-signed to do at least another year or two, and possibly more after that. NBC feels good about it, and Grammer does too. Unlike the Friends stars, he doesn't want any more money than he's already making.

Why not? Call it posterity. Call it ego. Call it a chance to set a record. It *will* be a record for sure if the currently signed seasons of Frasier go through to their end. Frasier would have been on TV for as many seasons as Cheers, and he would have played the character of Frasier Crane on television longer than any other actor played any other fictional role. Right now I think that honor goes to Ozzie and Harriet or something from that era.

In any case, he's already a big winner in that he's the only one to be nominated for an Emmy for three different shows, each for the same character: Cheers, Frasier, and for a guest appearance on Wings.

I may have grown tired of Frasier here in its later seasons, but many others have not, and I can respect the man for doing so well. More power to him if he can set the new record! Go for it, Side-Show Bob! :)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised that they're not going to suffer from Paramount-itis (high prices and no extras). I was a 'maybe' on Cheers, but for the price and specs listed, I think it's well worth a purchase.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Frasier was recently re-signed to do at least another year or two, and possibly more after that. NBC feels good about it, and Grammer does too. Unlike the Friends stars, he doesn't want any more money than he's already making.
That's because he gets like 1.2 million PER EPISODE.

The Friends cast still makes roughly 750K, and their show gets better ratings and has been on nearly as long.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I'll be picking up the Cheers set too. I've actually never watched Frasier though, Kelsey Grammer in real life just creeps me out too much, Playmate wife after Playmate wife, cocaine arrests, etc.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
It's nice to see that the rumored release date turned out to be true. I'll only be picking up Frasier. I can't wait to see what the release schedule is like on this one. IMHO, Frasier turned to crap when Niles married Dr. Mel and Daphne left Donny at the altar... So that takes us through the end of Season 7. :)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I will also be picking up the Cheers boxed set. The episode with Coaches daughter and her fiance is in my to 5 of all-time favorite sitcom episodes.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well i'll go back to watching frasier when the show is about frasier again.
not always about niles and daphne.

on cheers will this set be the remastered
hi def ,widescreen version that was talked about maybe a year or so ago?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
For $50 each, I'll be getting both. Much better SRP than the "SRP" for the Trek sets. These will be a welcome replacement for Deep Space Nine.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
For $50 each, I'll be getting both. Much better SRP than the "SRP" for the Trek sets. These will be a welcome replacement for Deep Space Nine.
This isn't all that amazing, considering that the Treks feature hour-long episodes (45 minutes, really, without commercials) while Cheers and Frasier are half hour shows.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Tom, you are right, I've seen much better prices on 30 minute format shows, but if you simply take time into account, I think we should see a $100 "SRP" on Trek, rather than $150. I swallowed that premium for TNG, but I won't on DS9 and VGer.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Frasier fans should check out the recently-released A&E DVD of Benedict Arnold: A Question of Honor, featuring Grammer doing a highly commendable job in the difficult role of George Washington...respectful but not stiff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks