What's new

Cheers Fans: How did coach die? (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Danny, thansk for the detailed reply. That's pretty much how I remember it too, except I don't remember them explicitly saying Coach was dead, but maybe they did.

/Mike

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I'm very happy to see Cheers on Nick at Nite. It's renewed my love for the series. During it's initial run, I was surprised too to se Coach gone.

Another puzzle...although I've seen every episode at least twice if not multiple times, I don't think I've seen any episode which explains Sam's failed marriage (never said who she was). Does anyone recall if Sam's first and only marriage was explained? All that I recall is that he's said it was a big mistake.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I think you can definately see that Coach was getting tired that last season he was in. I have seen him in some episodes where he looks quite healthy, and others where you can see that they applied a lot of make-up :frowning:
I have always been a huge fan of cheers and would have rather not known that Coach died on my 11th birthday.
*sigh*

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i used to be a page at paramount during the cheers era. another tidbit about coach:

apparantly, one of nicholas' favorite things to do was to use his phone-book as a sort of filing cabinet. apparantly, after he died they found his phone-book stuffed full of receipts, notes, etc.

they gave the phone-book to the cheers staff and they attached it to the phone-prop located on the wall where the bathrooms are.

kinda cool...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
wouldn't this thread have been so much simpler if Cheers was out on DVD
Link Removed talks about how "CHEERS is being digitally remastered beginning August 2001".
Maybe these remasters can find themselves onto some shiny round things...
Hey Paramount! We want Cheers on DVD!!

Mandy Vachon

Auditioning
Real Name
Mandy
I just watched this on Netflix. Season 4, Episode 1, it is mentioned several times. I am 17 minutes into the episode and it has been addressed at least twice though no specific mention of how he died.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
This thread gave birth to a baby who is now getting ready to begin her driver's education class.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks