Check out these chalk drawings, very cool!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Inspector Hammer!, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    They were done by an artist named Julian Beever on the streets of England and i've never seen anything quite as cool and unique, enjoy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^^I like this one because it looks as if people were walking around the "hole" lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RobLe

RobLe Stunt Coordinator

Amazing

3. Bonnie*F

Bonnie*F Stunt Coordinator

I started to write which ones I particularly liked and I kept adding another and another. These are fabulous.

4. andrew markworthy

5. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Those made the rounds at work last year or so -- his website is well worth looking at, as there are more pictures showing them out of perspective. Seing them "flat" gives a even better sense of the artist's skill.

I enjoy the first and last the best. The Coke bottle is almost photographic. The final one, I love the integration of him into the scene and the complexly depcited story it suggests.

6. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

Yeah, I wouldn't have thought it was even possible to make 2D drawings that looked so 3D, let alone with chalk on a sidewalk. The first time I saw some of these being emailed around, I thought they were fake photos.

Sure puts most of the forced perspective stuff that Hollywood does to shame.

Maybe the most amazing thing is that someone with this talent is making all these works of art that won't last, due to where they are and what they're made of.

How does he keep people from messing them up while he's drawing them? It must take a long time to do one.

7. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Outstanding stuff. To see what can be done with dirty rear car windows using things like popsicle sticks and fingers, check out http://www.dirtycarart.com/