What's new

Cheap screen (1 Viewer)

Maveric2112

Auditioning
Real Name
nevaeh12
I'm still in the process of having a acoustic screen made for me. However it wont be ready for several weeks. So with Superbowl just around the corner we were thinking of using the projector for the game. I was wonder what would be the best solution to use as a screen for around $50.00 and it doesn't have to be an AT screen. Thanks for the input

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Size? Conditions? Free-hanging? Against a wall?

Details!

Even a flat white wall can be effective.

wiredawg

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim Cornett
My current temporary screen is a 4' X 8' peice of 3/4" styrofoan insulation covered with a cheap white plastic table cloth then a white sheet. The tablecloth helps mask manufacturers writing on the foam. I taped the tablecloth then pinned the sheet with T pins around the edges. I had to pull it tight one direction (top to bottom) then the other (sisdeways). Then switching back and forth until there were no wrinkles. Set it on something the height you want. It works great for a cheap temporary solution. It took maybee 20 minutes to put together.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
wiredawg, that's a good idea. I don't know what the sheet and table cloth cost, but it might be cheaper to use one layer of blackout cloth instead.

wiredawg

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim Cornett
Thanks,

The blackout cloth would probably work better. I started with the table cloth but after a week or so it was getting loose and the creases from being folded were becomming distracting so I added the sheet for a more consistent picture.

I built a stand out of some scrap materials and we prop it in front of the plasma to watch movies. It only takes a minute to set it up but takes days to get it put away becuase the teenagers prefer it for gaming.

$9 Foam from Menards

$8 Sheet from Walmart (I already had it)

$3 Tablecloth from factory card outlet (I already had it)

$20

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks