What's new

Charmin Toilet paper blows away Quilted Northern! (1 Viewer)

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Well, at least this is in the software section. There was a thread last week that boasted the benefits of the 1 gallon flush toilet vs. the 3.5 gallon posted here and it was moved to the hardware section.
BTW ...Toilet paper is one item that you can't go cheap. I don't mind paying more for quality. :)
------------------
"I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die."
My Collection So Far

Ike

Screenwriter
Yeah, but with Charmin, I have to buy a new fucking roller! Who wants to do that for subtle differences that frankly, many people can't feel? Beats me.
------------------
Think of the children!!!
-------------------
"Were these memoirs not characterized by truth, I might easily make myself the hero of some strange and popular adventures."

Bruce N

Second Unit
I really must thank the members of the HTF. Until recently I was using that old single ply like they have in elementary schools. I had never known the joy of a high-end toilet paper. My bathroom experience is so much better now. I can't believe the improvement.
Flipping the roll around so it trails over the front has improved it even more! Any other TP tweakers out there?
laugh.gif

------------------
"Why do I have the feeling we've picked up another pathetic lifeform?"
My HT Pics

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
I don't really care which I use, as long as they both compare comperable... however, the Big Flushing action of the Sony FLUSH2000, is where it's at.... the paper goes down so smothly, that you'll just sit and stare at it!
Jim
Plucky Duck: "Water go down the hoooollllleee"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I hear that Charmin's can handle the low end 20Hz rumble in the rare case of assidental buttocktal compression emissions during wipeage, and also when those tight, punchy (b)ass compressions slip out. Charmin is the only choice among gilded wipe-a-philes. I hear Charmins will monogram their TP for an extra charge for those who desire a more personalize experience.
biggrin.gif

------------------
PatCave ; HT Pix ; HT Gear ; Sunosub ; Pat's DVDs ; Link Removed

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Both of them are no good in their current form. I have both Charmin and Quilted Northern in the old paper towel size version. Granted I have to
  • flip it over 3 or 4 times every time I go to the bathroom
  • that it costs 3 to 5 times as much
  • and only one store that is 40 minutes away carries it
my bum can tell the difference.
Yes the newer, smaller version rarely needs flipping, is less expensive and more widely available I believe that I cannot wipe my bum with the same toiletpaper that everyone else uses.
------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a
beer and an airline. It helps if you have some
kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons,
but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
Patrick -
Your issue is because you have a very large sono-ass.
I can see it now! This thread is gonna go off-topic and turn into a DIY SONO-ASS thread!
biggrin.gif

Kevin Gilmour

Auditioning
Quilted is now finally available in Europe (Le Quilted).
There is a slight improvement in texture but I'm afraid sales are low due to the widespread fear of "speed up" during wiping.
Kev

Joe B

Auditioning
I can't believe no one has mentioned Cottonelle by Kleenex, this is by far the Mercades of toilet paper. It's is so soft, and the ribs, just can't say enough about those ribs baby!! YEAH!

Steve Peterson

Stunt Coordinator
Bah! What is this world coming to. You wouldn't accept changing the correct sitting ratio or putting coloring in the water that wasn't already there, but you change the wiping experience to give your butts the Best! and Cleanest! possible due to modern technology. Sheesh. I believe that we should keep the Original Wiping Format (OWF). If your sitting there reading an ol' Zane Grey western, then, dangit, you should be using the appropriate wiping material: Corn Husk. Reading Little House in the Big Woods? Pages from the Sears and Reobuck catalog. OWF is the way to go and keeps the artist's intent correct. Stand up and show your support for OWF!
Steve "Caveman? Rock!" Peterson.
------------------

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Both of these are consumer-brand trash; I guess that's fine for some people, but for those of us with a golden ass......
wink.gif

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Sorry Steve, you're mistaking the original wiping format of 2.0 sheets of paper rather than just over five of them with changes in the tissue carrier mechanism (or loo roll, as its sometimes known).

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
I just read that a new format is being released next year. This HD (high density) paper will be available in mutiple aspect ratios so you can wipe based on your specific configuration. The goverment has asked all makers of TP to convert to the new HD format by 2006 at which time everyone will be forced to upgrade their dispensers.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I'm suprised we haven't heard from Mike Knapp about other upgrades to make toilet paper work better. I was hoping to hear long disertations about upgrading pipes to the toilet and using different toilet paper roll holders.
Chris Maynard; have any of your tests to tell the difference been double blind and standardized? Have you tried using the new Toilet Paper Meter from Bathroom Shack to make sure you are using both at the same bumwiping level?
To All; has anyone gone over to the Polls section and answered the posts about how much they spent on their home bathroom setup and what toilet bowl is the best model?
------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a
beer and an airline. It helps if you have some
kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons,
but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks