What's new

Charlie Sheen to Rehab.. (2 1/2 Men) (1 Viewer)

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I saw his interview with Piers Morgan on CNN last night - from my unknowing eyes he seemed more sane. If he'd started off the interviews post-InfoWars this way I think perception would be more favorable. At the time I thought that perhaps he was finally listening to someone about how he's coming across, but heard last night that his publicist quit.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Sheen needs to get more interviews out like the one on CNN last night. Unfortunately for him, the networks are still airing clips from the interviews he's already done.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I don't know, the interviews are burning bridges like crazy. He promised ABC an exclusive, that they aired clips of during the Oscars after a fight.. and then, the next day, he appears on NBC's "The Today Show" and does a sit down with Morgan.. ABC has got to be furious that they had to fight to get those commercials OK'd and then the exclusive isn't. I think that's part of what led to his PR guy quitting. You keep burnign those kind of bridges and no matter how you come across, nobody will want to do business with you

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2011/03/01/134161063/paying-a-penny-at-bedlam

On last night's Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson, the host explained that he wasn't going to be doing any more Charlie Sheen jokes. He's done them, he acknowledged, but he's not doing them anymore. And he explained why.

As Ferguson put it, he's begun to feel like staring at Charlie Sheen is the equivalent of visiting one of those 19th-century mental hospitals at which, as the BBC notes, visitors who paid a penny to see the patients "were permitted to bring sticks to poke and enrage" them.

There could hardly be a starker contrast than the one between Ferguson's treatment of Sheen and the treatment Sheen got from Piers Morgan last night on CNN, where Morgan poked him and enraged him, coddled him and encouraged him. It's exactly like paying your penny at Bedlam, only Morgan gets the penny.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i have never been interested in twitter, but Charlie Sheen just got started on it, and he is my first follow! actually i'm not going to follow him, but i will visit his twitter quote site regularly.

http://twitter.com/charliesheen

:)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I can't stand Nancy Grace, so I have to say I loved this tweet: "Just got invited to do the Nancy Grace show... I'd rather go on a long road trip with Chuck Lorre in a '75 Pacer...."

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I wonder if there will be the TV movie, Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of Two and Half Men, 20 years from now. By then, it will be a distant memory and mostly forgotten.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Charlie Sheen in the last week has been more hilarious than eight entire seasons of Two and a Half Men. Can anyone name ONE buzz-word out of that show? Yet, there's "Adonis DNA," "Tiger Blood," "Warlock," and "WINNING" getting tossed around like they're SNL catch-phrases.

Chuck Lorre is so incredibly talentless, compared to raw Charlie.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Sheen needs to capitalize on this little...whatever the hell "it" is...and get back into the movie-game. His reprisal of Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn in a new Major League film is the biggest no-brainer in the world right now.

Haysbert's gotta be fucking sick of making commercials, Berenger's making a mini-comeback of his own lately, and isn't Snipes (finally?) back in the country after that never-ending scandal? It would be the perfect "comeback" movie for all the major players involved; now we just need a script convoluted enough to bring them all back together again. Baseball players play way too fucking long these days, anyway, so that can be part of the joke. Make it happen.

He also desperately needs Hot Shots: Part Trois, although I think perhaps he needs to be the villain in that. I'm not sure anyone is willing to buy him as "the straight-man" ever again. Never too late to jam a cameo of him into The Hangover: Part 2, either.

I know the Farrelly Brothers are in the midst of attempting some sort of mid-career revival -- why not cast Bale and Gibson alongside Sheen for that Three Stooges movie they could never get made?

You wouldn't even need a script. Hell, you wouldn't even need a movie. Just release the behind-the-scenes footage in theaters, and people will come. I know *I* would.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
There's a pretty good fake on Twitter who is garnering tens of thousands of hits. I don't know exactly how he's doing it, but his URL has a bold L and otherwise looks identical to the real Sheen's. He's much more outrageous than the real deal.

Since this software carries over formatting, I'll see if this works:

http://twitter.com/#!/charIiesheen (fake)

http://twitter.com/#!/charliesheen (real)

Oh, now I see. It's a capital I. He's really snookering people. I would say Twitterers are gullible, but it's pretty clever.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I think it's finally to time to consider that, in fact, Charlie Sheen may be from another planet.

I know...at first blush, it seems implausible, but consider the facts:

• He looks nothing like Emilio Estevez or Martin Sheen.
  • If sent from another planet, he would infiltrate the population by becoming a leader in some job-category, and the arts (in this day and age) are perhaps the easiest to break into.
  • He would procreate to advance his alien race.
  • He would pick a job that required only working about an hour a week, and paid enormous wages.
  • He would land a sitcom.
  • He would date hookers.
  • He would attract a following on social media to spread his message of decadence and debauchery.
  • He would encourage his Earth-brother to marry an alien.
  • He would work with Oliver Stone.
  • He would be utterly immune to major Earth-vices, such as drugs and alcohol.
  • He would marry women not intelligent enough to detect his otherworldly background.
  • He would advance the career of Jon Cryer.
  • He would have no regard for Earthly public surroundings, like hotel suites.
  • He would live in Los Angeles.

Case closed.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Possessing tiger blood and Adonis DNA didn't keep Charlie Sheen from being fired by the producers of "Two and a Half Men". Sorry, Charlie.

Let the lawsuits begin!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
"This is very good news. They continue to be in breach, like so many whales. It is a big day of gladness at the Sober Valley Lodge because now I can take all of the bazillions, never have to look at whatshiscock again and I never have to put on those silly shirts for as long as this warlock exists in the terrestrial dimension.”

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks