What's new

Charlie Sheen to Rehab.. (2 1/2 Men) (1 Viewer)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Even without Sheen's problems, 2.5 Men had lost its creativity.

The show actually had creativity at one time?

This isn't directed at anyone here but I don't see how anyone could defend this douchebag.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Sheen won't let it go

http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/pr-nightmare-charlie-sheen-unloads-again/

Yee-Haw

Sheen's latest outburst happened on Pat O'Brien's appropriately titled show Loose Cannons, on which he called Two and a Half Men co-creators Lorre and Lee Aronsohn "a couple of AA Nazis and really just blatant hypocrites."

He took a militant stand against Warner Bros. and CBS and said he would fight them to get paid for the show's unproduced episodes. “Defeat is not an option. They know what they did was wrong they are in absolute breach (of contract). I did nothing wrong. I expressed an opinion, I get the first amendment behind me. Defeat is not an option." "They just picked a fight with the wrong guy, I was a good ol' guy for eight years, I put five bil in the studio’s pocket, I put a half of bil in Chuck’s pocket so this is the freaking thank you I get? This is the level of gratitude that I get? I should've been walking in to massages and h**d jobs." "We are at war, and there are ways to deal with these clowns and take all their money."

With all the bad blood that has been spilling out for the past 2 days, observers see two possible outcomes for the show: either Sheen succumbs to his addiction completely with tragic consequences, effectively putting an end to it or he hits rock bottom and recovers making a ninth season possible with different showrunners. (No one can see Sheen working with Lorre and Lee Aronsohn ever again but both producers are poised to get a financial windfall if the show does another season.)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H /forum/thread/308375/charlie-sheen-to-rehab-2-1-2-men/60#post_3785124

It's a line of dialog from ITV's great show "The IT Crowd". I hope there is NEVER a US version of it, but it is a complete riot. When he discovers his girlfriends parents died in a fire, he's sad, then she tells him they died at a Seapark.. he can't figure out how the hell this happened, and tries to stage it out with models to figure out how they couldn't get to water fast enough and burned alive. :) "IT Crowd" is one of those british shows I absolutely love; my avatar is also from that show.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks. To keep it on topic, if anyone could figure out how to catch fire at seaparks, it would prolly be Charlie. "I bet I could totally smoke that chum."

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'm serious when I ask - what did he say that was antisemitic? 'Chaim'?
It seems pretty clear that Sheen was intentionally taking a dig at Lorre pointing out that his real last name is more obviously Jewish than his professional name. Calling him "Chaim" further makes a point of it.

But the weird thing is that like one of the previous posts said Anti-Semetism is the worst thing you can do in Hollywood, but yet it's common practice for people in the industry to go with a "professional" name that sounds much less Jewish (often eliminating any trace of Judaism). Not trying to come off as Anti-Semetic myself, but I can't help but notice that inconsistency.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
There was a story about how Charlie was responding in kind with Lorre using "Carlos Estevez" in the past.
Well, ok, then maybe it's a kind a tit for tat thing. But the point still remains that anti-semetism/racism is one of Hollywood's biggest crimes yet they still change their names to sound less Ethnic/Jewish etc.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I think the show is mildly amusing, well it was up until about 3 seasons ago. Loved the production card Lorre put up last week I took a picture of it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
No need for photos. They're all on his website :)

http://www.chucklorre.com/index-2hm.php?p=329

And, wow, #324

http://www.chucklorre.com/index-2hm.php?p=324

I no longer pause to read his vanity cards. He does some really good ones. But there are enough that unamusing enough to me I don't stop to find out which it will be.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TonyD

I think the show is mildly amusing, well it was up until about 3 seasons ago.

Loved the production card Lorre put up last week I took a picture of it.
So that was actually real? When I first saw it on another website, I thought it was shopped.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's been pointed out that all of the “Chaim Levine” business probably wasn't intended as some sort of vague and perplexing antisemitic slam by Sheen, but rather referenced Vanity Card #327, which aired earlier this month.

With Sheen, it's pretty much impossible to tell.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Charlie on the conspiracy of marriage propagated by bible-grippers, how he's sick of pretending his life isn't perfect and bitchin', the philosophy of Apocalypse Now, how much Chuck Lorre sucks, a Major League 3, the whole Vatican assassins thing and how Thomas Jefferson was a pussy

I think my favorite part is how desperate the radio host strives to reiterate that he's been to Sheen's house and spends time with Sheen in person. The whole effect is more bizarre than hateful; Sheen's ego is unimaginably colossal, but more strange than vicious. After having listened to it in its entirety, my guess is that Chuck Lorre gave CBS an ultimatum, and they chose him over Sheen.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by KevinGress

I'm serious when I ask - what did he say that was antisemitic? 'Chaim'?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/charlie-sheens-open-letter-responds-half-men-suspension/story?id=12995501

In this ABC News piece, they've redacted the way Sheen said the man's name -- Haim Levine -- and replaced it with, in brackets, the sentence "anti-Semitic term referring to Lorre".

Granted Sheen likely meant to be offensive. The man's given name is Charles Levine, not Haim Levine; "Haim" is the same as "Charles" in the way that "Wilhelm" is the same as "William" (if I can use my name as an example) -- it isn't quite the same, and it could be offensive to substitute one cultural version of a name for another cultural version of the same name.

But I expect that everyone who is in fact named Haim may be surprised today to find out that their name is considered an anti-Semitic term by ABC News!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I didn't get the anti-Semitic theme either with Sheen's comments. Of course, he was meaning to be offensive by calling the guy a "punk" and a "turd", but I'm not sure about that other accusation except he used the guy's real name.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks