What's new

Charlie Brown 1970s SPECIAL intro (1 Viewer)

Alex-C

Screenwriter
First does anyone remember the following....and secondly, anyone know where I can find it on the net...

Before the Peanuts specials in the 1970s and 80s, they would run this 5 second intro...imagine the word "SPECIAL", rainbow colored, spiraling outward leaving trails.

I dont think they run it anymore, it could have been only on one station like ABC. For those old enough to remember, you'll know exactly what I am talking about.

For those who dont, you're probably thinking, what is this guy smoking ?

Its a nostalgia thing. Plus, you could get bonus points by including it in a home made DVD to your 30 something friends.

ohmigod, I just realized I now qualify to be in that show I never understood...30 something. damn ! time flies.

editL oh yea, the accompanying music could best be described as rhythmic drumming...with some horn fanfare.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Alex, I remember it, so I know you're not losing your mind...Bad news is that I have no idea where it could be found.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
This classic intro was used from 1973 to 1991. The music is by Mort Stevens, who wrote the "Hawaii Five-O" theme.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
ahhhahhaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh........sweet after hours forum, you never disappoint.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Holy crap, that takes me back!

I remember that sound as a kid and that little bit of excitement I'd feel because I knew a holiday special was coming up (which meant the holidays were coming up).

Very Pavlovian.

This was the days before cable... and VCR's... so, we'd only get to watch holiday specials once per year so, it was a big deal. Not like my kid who can watch Charlie Brown whenever he wants. :rolleyes

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Before that one, they had an intro with the word SPECIAL and the "A" took off like a rocket- it's included on the laserdisc of the Lily Tomlin Special.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I miss the old Dolly Madison commercials on the Charlie Brown specials...speaking of, I must spin It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown soon!

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

I've converted it to mpg (NTSC-DVD-ready MPEG2) and uploaded it to my webspace. Please let me know after you've retrieved it successfully. The converted file is a bit over 2 MB, and I left the video size relatively small for better results.

Right-click and save:

Link removed, since I've removed the file from my webspace 10/9/05

Edit: Looks like the "tiny URL" process changed the file extension to mpeg. The original file that I uploaded is actually mpg, so try changing the extension once you've downloaded it and make sure it works that way.

Let me know if this suits your purpose. :)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Linda,

I won't rule out a cock pit error on my end but I only get audio with your file, no video.

Chris

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I tried converting it using Tinra but got the no video problem as well. The original must have used some funky codec.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

Glad to hear that it worked for you, since you're the one who originally requested it. :)

I will likely be removing the file from my webspace either later today or sometime tomorrow, so if anybody else plans to grab it, do it soon!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Smartass comeback of the year! :laugh: :)

If I'd been drinking at the time, it would have come out my nose. :D

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Another interesting fact:

When CBS owned the exclusive rights to "The Wizard of Oz", they aired it not as a movie, but as a special, and with this logo (at least as early as its 1984 airing).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks