Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
matt-hough has published a new article.

Change of Heart DVD Review

changeohearttop-150x150.jpg

The last feature to star Janet Gaynor and Charles Farrell together, Change of Heart may be a product of its era with its concentration on the...
Continue reading the original article.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Coincidentally, I've been reading the book Lucky Stars the story of Charles Farrell and Janet Gaynor this week, so I've become interested in seeing some of their work together , and I'll definitely get this film . They made a lot of films together and separately and were among the most popular stars of the 1930's . Perhaps someone should release a box set of some of their best . Both stars have become obscure. It's difficult to even find Farrell's My Little Margie TV show , and forget about ever seeing the Charles Farrell Show .

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I saw a good deal of My Little Margie when I was growing up; it was syndicated quite often to local stations, but I haven't seen it in years.

You're right about The Charlie Farrell Show. I've never seen a second of it and would certainly find it interesting if someone, somewhere has the old films of it. It didn't run very long.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Matt, only 12 or 13 episodes were made of the CF Show which may have been a summer replacement show back in 1956 . But those episodes ran into the mid 1960s on WPIX in New York City. I understand that all episodes exist at the UCLA Film library.
My Little Margie is partially availalble (34 episodes in three set) on 3 DVD sets from VCI , but the show was very popular in it's day and in syndication , and should be out in it's entirety.
In any case , I think Gaynor and Farrell have become unjustly forgotten . I'd like to see their best work both together and solo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks