What's new

Center speakers: Definitive Technology Mythos Three or MartinLogan Motion 8? (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Without knowing the entire dimension of that shelf...no. Even tiny little fans like this... http://www.amazon.com/Westpointe-Electrical-Velocity-1002-Personal/dp/B000WEIJ7K/ref=pd_sim_pc_7 (there are tons, just depends which ones you find in the right dimensions) Paired up in two. One of each side of the AVR...one blowing in, the other blowing out.. They wouldn't even need to be "out front". They could sit at the back corners at 45 degree angles...as long as they created a flow.

b33b

Grip
Real Name
Cal Young
Question - any reason to choose three Mythos 3s vs a pair of 2s and a 3 in the center? Tweet, mid, and radiator seem to be the same as well as the overall size. Both on sale at Newegg and my wife really likes the size.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I think Def Tech used to call the 3 a LCR. Left/Center/Right They've been out almost a decade. I think when they created the 9...they quite calling the 3 a LCR...cause it confused people.

b33b

Grip
Real Name
Cal Young
The three has a side screw to set the angle it faces and the two has the glass base and wall brackets. I ordered a pair of twos and a three from Newegg for $580.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks