What's new

Center Speaker stand?? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have a front projection unit in my theater room. Right now the Center speaker is on a the floor. I am wondering what is the best stand to have it on? I plan on building one.

Thanks!

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Go to AV123.com and find Brucers Corner... He has his own forum there. He builds theses things to folks specific orders and has lots of pictures there... Great guy!

Jon Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Did you consider black shelving attached to the wall? Assuming your screen wall is dark or black, a black shelf would blend right in. I attached a $15 black Home Depot shelf to the wall and it looks fine. You'll need to anchor it to studs-- even strong drywall anchors will pull right out after a while.

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit

Depending on the size of the center, specifically, the ability to play bass, it should not be near the wall. Stand-mounted 2-3 ft from wall is better, but not eveyone has the space.

I modified a pair of $100 Target stands into my center stand. I used the metal bases with the spikes along with a sheet of 3/4"MDF and 3" (square) thick wooden fence posts for the legs. Supports my 47lbs center onto three 3/8" (inverted and plastic capped) bolts in a triangular config for tilt adjustment. The speaker bottom is 15" off the floor and is a sturdy as a floorstander. Email me if you want to see pics.

barry.az

Grip
Real Name
Barry
I've been looking at the Premier J18C (same company as Paradigm). Anyone have experience with this stand?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks