Center Channel Speaker to go with pair of Polk RTi10's. What to buy?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by YumYumChef, Jan 16, 2009.

1. YumYumChef

YumYumChef Auditioning

Hey,
    I just bought a pair of Polk RTi10's for myself for Christmas, lol. I am now considering a center channel speaker. I was wondering if I should stick with POLK or go with another brand. Looking to stay within 250 - 300 bucks. I prefer USED as well. Let me know what you think, and whether or not i should go with a large or small center channel. -Chef Luis Pernia

2. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

You should always strive to have the same brand and series speakers across the front. Speakers can differ greatly in timbre, and if not matched, can disrupt the sound when it pans from left to right (or L to R), ruining the soundstage. As far as size is concerned, I would go with a matching center before a higher quality and/or larger center. Stick to the Polk RTi series.

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

4. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    The CSi3 and CSi5 are also available from Amazon for $200 and $277 resectively.

5. YumYumChef

YumYumChef Auditioning

Thanks for your input. Very helpful. I will do what you say and stick with the polk RTi series.

6. SherardP

SherardP Stunt Coordinator

CSi5 or the CSiA6 will be the much better center. The CSi3 is a ok, but the 5/6 will give better dialog and enhance your front soundstage. Go for the bigger center, u wont regret it.

7. ryounglaw

ryounglaw Auditioning