What's new

Center Channel Speaker -- best bang for the buck? (1 Viewer)

EvanYeager

Agent
I am a professional educator (read poor) and have over the years been building a home theater system. We just, after saving for 5 years, replaced our 20" with a 52" Mitsu. DLP. Now the cheap Sony center channel speaker I have sure seems lacking.

Currently I have Snell KIIs as mains and an Atlantic Technology 8” powered sub. I hope to eventually purchase an SVS sub and run the Atlantic Technology sub with the KIIs as mains.

Any recommendations for a good, reasonably priced center channel speaker that will work with my Snells?

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Have you tried just not using the Sony center? I think you would have better results with no center untill you can afford a decent one that is matched to your mains.

My 2 cents.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I think for the best results you should check out the offerings from Snell.

EvanYeager

Agent
Unfortunately, Snell seems to have abandoned their entry level line. Any Snells are out of my price range.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
www.audiogon.com and ebay would be the first places to look, IMO. I don't see any centers from them on A'gon, but you might place a want ad up there and see if it generates anything. You might contact Snell direct too, they may be able to provide some guidance.

Kong48

Auditioning
Real Name
John Migliozzi
IMO JBL Center Channel Spks are all around the best bang for your money. Or even Klipsch I would rate second. If you can afford the Martin Logan would be up there. Remember JBL & Klipsch are actually used in Theaters.

Good Luck,

Kong48

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I'd get new front speakers with a matching center. It's pretty important that the front three speakers match sonically. You could then make the Snells your rear speakers, if you like them that much. Good luck!

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
LOL!

I was just following Kong48's lead................

Maybe one day I'll learn?...................................................naw! This old dog doesn't learn too many new tricks.

zeitmeister

Auditioning
Real Name
David Harrity
I have a pair of Snell Acoustics K/III (K3) bookshelf speakers and a Snell CC-1 center channel that sound great; however, I haven't used them in a long time. If someone is interested, make me an offer and I may sell them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks