What's new

Censorship (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
being relatively new to XM I was surprised to be hearing censored songs. Now this was on the Mix channel not on one of the other genre channels where I have heard cussin'. I guess I can understand why the Mix channel was censored but I'm actually surprised by it. I pay for XM and I might want to hear the Mix channel with the songs censored. I guess if kids are listening they should throw on XMKids...

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
So what are you saying? You scream censorship, but then say you understand why Mix 22 is censored. Channels 20, 21 and 22 are censored but there are plenty other channels that are not. I've heard plenty of cussing on 8,9,44,47,48,54 and all the hip-hop/rap channels.

I think XM feature censored music on 20-22 because some people want that type of music, plus XM could be pushing for use of those channels when selling to businesses.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm not really screaming censorship I was just surprised any of the channels were censored.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, there are people with kids in the car when listening to music, so having safe channels where they don't have to worry about questionable lyrics is a good thing.

The "XL" designation is supposed to denote hard content, but I've heard swear words on Da Boneyard...

Jason

DaveBB

Supporting Actor

I've heard plenty of cursing on channels 8 and 9 even though they don't have XL marked on their listing.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Is anyone else worried that all of this ClearChannel / FCC / Censorship talk is going to ruin satellite radio? I would HATE it if they decided to start censoring the comedy channel (150).

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Sadly, I do think that it is a possibility. I have heard that the FCC is going to try to regulate Satellite Radio and even premium cable movie channels because many of them are just thrown into service packages instead of direct subscription.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks