Cell phone question: are there any that will allow you to change the phone number?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Goodfellas, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Goodfellas

Goodfellas Auditioning

Anyone know if there are any cell phones and / or plans that will allow you to change the phone number at will whenever you want (say like 2 or 3 times a week) without incurring a $ervice charge? AT&T charges $19 to change a landline number. I currently don't have a cell phone, haven't had one in a long time. Thanks in advance.

2. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    If you have more than 1 SIM and the phone isn't SIM-locked, there's no problem at all. I do it all the time with my children, e.g. when their phone's battery is empty, they lend my phone and put their own SIM in. A few moments later, I get it back and put my SIM back.

Just be careful about copying the SIM's address book (phone numbers list) to the phone: that's a nono, of course.

Cees

3. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam

None that I am aware of. Carriers typically have to keep a number out of circulation for 90 days after it is no longer being used, so there is no reason why they would want to do that, plus it would be a real pain to deal with in their billing systems.

BTW welcome to the forum, but membership requires a real first name so it is easier to have a conversation. Please go to the My Profile tab and select Edit Community Profile, then add your first name to the real name field. Thanks.

4. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    That's a different type of change than I was thinking of.

Cees