What's new

cd tweaks (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Quite relevant though if you look at it.
The yugo would be the basic transportation kind of person or the basic audio guy who just wants sound.
The ferrari guy is not after basic transportation as the yugo isn't enough for him and yet the ferrari is still not enough performance so he thrives for more even though science can't tell him that adding said muffler or other perfmance goodie will do him any good. The ferrari guy has a fairly expensive setup and while he could be quite satisfied with that he is not and is after more.
It works for any hobby. The basics to get into golf are all i want right now and I might think that anyone spending $2,000 on clubs is nuts right now and science may not be able to prove his clubs do him anygood over what I just bought but I'm not about to tell him "thats bs" and ruin his fun. One day I'll be willing to try out those high $$ clubs and find out of they are worth the bucks for the performance I'll get(if any).

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Oh, it's totally relevant. Just that you picked a Yugo. I mean, a Honda Civic would have done the job :)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Some tweaks may in fact 'tweak'. Some border on hoaxes and fraud.
Shane...on the topic of golfclubs, page 150 of the May, 2001 Playboy had a listing of driving distance gains by golf club and broken down somewhat by handicap. A couple of hundred golfers participated and the study was conducted by RankMark. If you're interested I'd be happy to scan the page and send it to you.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Some tweaks may in fact 'tweak'. Some border on hoaxes and fraud
This may be true but it is never protrayed in the majority of posts I see. In general, all tweaks are regarded as hoaxes and shot down immediately. I would prefer people say "It didn't work for me" if in fact they did try it. The majority of folks haven't tried it and have this need to post anyway.

The only reason I'm not going to try cryo treating my cd's or buying new cables is because I've got other areas/weaknesses in my system to upgrade yet that will make a bigger difference(note the belief that cd tweaks might work here or may not).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks