What's new

CD Player Recommendation (1 Viewer)

Ben Lindell

Auditioning
I recently bought a Denon DRA-685 stereo reciever paired with a set of JBL S-26II's for my college dorm room. i am currently running the system off of my computer/portable CD player but the sound coming from both of these is lacking.
What would be a good CD player to look into to match with my setup and my limited budget?

Thank you

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
First thing that came to my mind is a Denon DCM-370 factory refurbished on www.ecost.com for $79.99. ecost is a factory authorized Denon refurbished reseller, and it comes with a 90 day warranty. I briefly demoed a 370 in my system and it sounded pretty good. At that price, though, you can't go wrong as long as there are no problems on the refurbished side. I've seen people who have had tremendous luck and some people with not so good luck. Definitely worth considering though.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Ben,

What is your budget? If it's under $200.00 then I would definitely second Ben's suggestion. The 370 also has HDCD decoding and pretty nice Burr Brown DAC's for the money. If you can spend closer to $350.00, I would say the Sony SCD-C222es SACD/CD changer (you'll get SACD to boot) or the NAD 521i which can be had for around the same price or a little less and also has HDCD deconding. The Music Hall CD25 and Nad 541i (which I have) can also be had for around $350.00 used/refurbished on audiogon.

Reg

Ben Lindell

Auditioning
As a poor college student, my budget is certainly under 200.
I have been looking at the Denon CD Players to match with my current setup. The DCM-370 looks like a great CD player for the money. I cant find any denon CD players on ecost.com though. Maybe it was just a special.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks