What's new

CBS releases!! Great. Other shows they need to release (1 Viewer)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Did anyone else like Hack (2002) with David Morse? I think this is a paramount property

Real Name
Tom
Personally, I would love to see CBS release Jake 2.0 (which I believe they own). I remember seeing this on the TV and loving it... such a shame it was cancelled.

Real Name
Tom

Me too, 'cept Jake was always more "real". Even though it was an unplausable storyline, the writers made the show feel realistic.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing

I'm also hoping they capitalise on The Mentalist by releasing The Guardian, would be awesome I think your right though it is owned by Sony

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Any hope for Wolf Lake I see the shows are now in HD. Only 9 episodes but great show

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Really wish they would release Season 1 of The Division and Season 1 of Moesha sometime in the near future. If music rights are an issue with Moesha then release Season 1 of The Parkers

lrachiele

Auditioning
Real Name
Leonard Rachiele
CBS should release the Defenders-all 132 episodes. Only about five were not very good. This was the finest dramatic scocially conscious series ever. High residuals are involved but most fans would gladly pay it.

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross

All of these shows being on DVD from CBS Paramount (now called CBS Television Studios, FYI) depend on actual and real demand, not just a few people saying that they should be on DVD-currently, only Star Trek is considered classic enough to get the treatment it has got. Bonanza's a good candidate, but Ben Casey and The Millionaire are quite iffy to be released on DVD by CBS Television Studios, I'd say, as are most of the other shows mentioned.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
T.H.E. CAT (1966-67) strongly deserves resurrection on DVD, if CBS somehow has it via Republic (though it might be NBC-Universal property, I'm not sure).

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member

And considering Universal's history with 1960s releases (none except The Munsters), we know it's not coming from them. It could be licensed out, like they did with McHale's Navy and Ironside among others, but the elements are in woeful condition and would require a complete remastering. So this show would be highly unlikely to ever see a release, which is unfortunate.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Yay the Guardian is coming to DVD.

Also I've noticed the following shows on the syndication bible have been transferred into HD does this make them more likely to get a DVD release?

Aliens In America
The Bad Girls Guide
The Bad News Bears
Blind Justice
Bram & Alice
Clubhouse
Cuts
Diagnosis Murder (some seasons)
First Monday
Greetings From Tucson
Hack
The Handler
In-Laws
Jake 2.0
Life Is Wild
Life On A Stick
Love, Inc
Love Monkey (heard a rumour it coming)
One On One
Out Of Practice
The Parkers (Some of it)
Sex, Love & Secrets
Some Of My Best Friends
That's Life
Wanted
Welcome to the Captain
Wolf Lake

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
the more recent shows on that list had HD transfers for when they were broadcasted on network TV.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Mentioned this in the Vega$ thread already, I'd love to see Bill Bixby's one season crime show The Magician (1973) released, one season only ought to be a doable deal. Also on the wishlist Spencer's Pilots (1976) with Gene Evans and Christopher Stone, plus Serpico (1976) with David Birney and Tom Atkins, both shows one seasoners as well.

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
HenryDuBrow said:
Mentioned this in the Vega$ thread already, I'd love to see Bill Bixby's one season crime show The Magician (1973) released, one season only ought to be a doable deal. Also on the wishlist Spencer's Pilots (1976) with Gene Evans and Christopher Stone, plus Serpico (1976) with David Birney and Tom Atkins, both shows one seasoners as well.
Serpico was nonsense, and should never have been made. It makes a mockery of the original movie and of the real-life cop it's based on. Agree with you on Spenser's Pilots and The Magician, but would also add Future Cop as well.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
I´d like to have the Burt Reynolds series "Dan August" prduced by the legendary Quinn Martin. I´ve never ever seen the show but I´m very interested in it....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks