What's new

CBS: Rawhide, Taxi, Petticoat Junction, and The Beverly Hillbillies Prepped for Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
High Chapperal was pretty good . if you liked the Virginian , and the Big Valley you'll probably like HC.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I've found some screenshots of the HD (?) Amazon instand video of Dynasty.

DY1.jpg

DY2.jpg

DY3.jpg

DY4.jpg

DY5.jpg

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
Yesterday, I've written in the Shout Factory Pagebook asking if Sgt Bilko TV show is really being released by Shout. I've checked their Facebook page minutes ago and my comment has been deleted. Very classy company.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
maskedmala said:
Yesterday, I've written in the Shout Factory Pagebook asking if Sgt Bilko TV show is really being released by Shout. I've checked their Facebook page minutes ago and my comment has been deleted. Very classy company.
My suggestion would be to just wait and see what happens, and not push them for info.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Wild Wild West would look great on blu-ray. I bought it each season and then CBS You Screwed ME!!!!!!!!!!!! You put out a box set with the movies. You could have included them in the last season set but no.

The movies were not that great but the whole thing made me so angry. I have spent a great deal of money on CBS product in the past from VHS tapes to DVD sets.

True you have given me shows I would never have got but I am still upset over WWW.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Gary is quite correct in that. The best way to deal with Shout which I have never had a problem with is email them :)

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
I honestly wasn't pushing them for information but you may be right Gary, they might have seen it that way. The only thing they should have done is to let the comment there without answering it instead of deleting it, after all a lot of company do it that way.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
maskedmala said:
I honestly wasn't pushing them for information but you may be right Gary, they might have seen it that way. The only thing they should have done is to let the comment there without answering it instead of deleting it, after all a lot of company do it that way.
I think they might be having a problem. I went and looked and the most recent wall post says three weeks ago. Surely they didn't do an en masse deletion of every post?

bluray111

Auditioning
Real Name
blu
maskedmala said:
Shout is not classy at all. I had a friend who emailed them and asked about Mister ED, they seen season 1 in Walmart in an amray case (it was before in a slip case) and they asked Shout if season 2 and 3 were going to be re-released in amray cases also.

They claimed they were bootlegs and went on a rant about ebay, when my frine never taked about ebay. they are too lazy to read what is sent to them and answer stuff stupidly

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
A Shout release I bought directly from them arrived a few years ago with all the fragile plastic pieces that hold the discs secure inside each case broken off with the discs loose in each. Shout refused to do a thing.

Heck, I didn't even request a full replacement since the discs played fine and the harm was minimum. All I asked was for the damaged slim cases to be replaced so I could transplant everything over.

Only time they've gone beyond the call of duty for anyone that I'm aware of was that Dragnet replacement disc.

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
Gary, about the possible release of Sgt. Bilko TV show, I've just received a reply from my FacebookME: Sgt. Bilko TV show is supposed to be released by you, is it true?SHOUT! FACTORY: According to whom? Not that I'm aware of.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
maskedmala said:
Gary, about the possible release of Sgt. Bilko TV show, I've just received a reply from my FacebookME: Sgt. Bilko TV show is supposed to be released by you, is it true?SHOUT! FACTORY: According to whom? Not that I'm aware of.
That's fine. I'd still recommend that we all just let it alone and wait to see what happens. I'm confident of my sources, but if Shout isn't ready to announce it then I don't believe we should press them any further.

Gary "this is nothing new - it happens all the time" O.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I wouldn't trust ANYTHING Shout says about anything. Like Gary said, the best idea with that company is to wait and see for yourself what happens.And I agree with Mark about THE WILD WILD WEST having the potential to look spectacular on Blu. The DVD releases have some of the most eye popping color I've ever seen in the format. The series used some amazing color consultants and the results are often breathtaking. It's one series I would consider upgrading to Blu, but I really doubt it will ever get released that way. Unfortunately, Blu is still very much a niche market and it's hard to fathom that CBS would consider anything beyond their high ticket classics for such an upgrade. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Konstantinos Zacharopoulos said:
I've found some screenshots of the HD (?) Amazon instand video of Dynasty.

DY1.jpg

DY2.jpg

DY3.jpg

DY4.jpg

DY5.jpg
You can really see why some stars don't like HD. It's not really kind to age.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
There's no doubt that young faces are beautiful. But age, I think, has its own interest and authentic beauty as well, which HD can show off. In John Ford's The Searchers, filmed as we know in super HD VistaVision, some of the faces are getting old or even are old, but for some of us that makes them even more interesting to look at. And in Star Trek: The Next Generation, Patrick Stewart's Captain Picard made an older man who had lost his hair and had a few wrinkles attractive. And that's still just as true in HD imho. You're right that some stars don't like HD for understandable reasons, but perhaps I'm blind but I'm not seeing that in the images above. Even John Forsythe and Joan Collins look to me to be handsome for their ages....

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Here's an interesting article about the economics of TV today. The bottom line is that Amazon Prime paid CBS a huge $750,000 fee for each hour-long episode to let their subscribers stream in HD the miniseries Under the Dome. I'm sure what Amazon and Netflix pay for old shows is truly tiny in comparison, but they must pay something per episode. Netflix, for instance, has the following old shows available for streaming in HD: Andy Griffith, Mission Impossible, Hawaii 5-0, and probably some others as well. What if for each episode of these old shows Netflix paid, say, $3000. How much does it cost to remaster a show in HD?? $10k? Anyway, even without DVD or blu-ray sales a significant part of these HD remasters might be paid for in this way.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/06/under-the-dome-tv-revenue-when-ads-fail.html

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
benbess said:
Here's an interesting article about the economics of TV today. The bottom line is that Amazon Prime paid CBS a huge $750,000 fee for each hour-long episode to let their subscribers stream in HD the miniseries Under the Dome. I'm sure what Amazon and Netflix pay for old shows is truly tiny in comparison, but they must pay something per episode. Netflix, for instance, has the following old shows available for streaming in HD: Andy Griffith, Mission Impossible, Hawaii 5-0, and probably some others as well. What if for each episode of these old shows Netflix paid, say, $3000. How much does it cost to remaster a show in HD?? $10k? Anyway, even without DVD or blu-ray sales a significant part of these HD remasters might be paid for in this way.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/06/under-the-dome-tv-revenue-when-ads-fail.html
Which points to the probability that streaming is the wave of the future as many have thought. I'm in the minority that I don't mind streaming as long as the show stays up for viewing. I wouldn't even be against a rotating schedule of shows like re-runs used to be so as to keep it fresh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks