What's new

CBS Press Release: Petticoat Junction Season 3 (2 Viewers)

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
As a question for either Dave Lambert or Gord Lacey, is there any way to find out from CBS what the running time will actually be for PJ Season 3? I know that we only have the press release to work with, but the running time looks a little short.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Astairefan said:
As a question for either Dave Lambert or Gord Lacey, is there any way to find out from CBS what the running time will actually be for PJ Season 3? I know that we only have the press release to work with, but the running time looks a little short.
Unfortunately that's all we have to go on. You're right though, the running time is definitely a bit odd. There were 34 episodes, and they're saying 687 mins, which makes the episodes just over 20 mins each. They should be about 24-25 mins, given the age of the show.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Gord Lacey said:
Unfortunately that's all we have to go on. You're right though, the running time is definitely a bit odd. There were 34 episodes, and they're saying 687 mins, which makes the episodes just over 20 mins each. They should be about 24-25 mins, given the age of the show.
Adding to the "fun," the Syndication Bible doesn't show there being edited/syndication versions existing and only the "network versions" being available. If syndicated versions don't exist.......

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Gord -- I love your website -- keep up the good work (this one as well....naturally!)

All I can say is would it kill CBS or Paramount or whoever, to put out a complete series set on each of the Paul Henning sitcoms of the 60s?

Nobody is getting younger and their main demographic audience is slowly drifting away to a heavenly Hooterville (including me -- amd I was a small child when these shows played!)

I think it would put a lot of people out of misery by doing this as soon as humanly possible -- it was 50 years ago and there are untold thousands of baby boomers around the world wanting to give you money via a sure fire impulse buy -- each of these series, in one tidy, compact box, suitable to put next to "The Dick Van Dyke Show" set, the "Get Smart" and "Gilligan's Island" sets, all those wretched half season "Gunsmoke" sets.....

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
The Obsolete Man said:
I love the fact that because Petticoat Junction is unrated, you have to be 17 to order it.

I guess the thought of the sisters in the water tower in the opening is just too much for children to handle. :lol:
I ordered it on their website, and I got a warning disclaimer stating that the content may be "mature."
My guess is that the word "Hooter" (as in Hooterville) is used twice in the content description. ;)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Ron Lee Green said:
I ordered it on their website, and I got a warning disclaimer stating that the content may be "mature."
My guess is that the word "Hooter" (as in Hooterville) is used twice in the content description. ;)
LOL. I got the same warning when I ordered a Carol Burnett Show dvd from them last week.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Ron Lee Green said:
Walmart puts that warning on all unrated material.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
First, thanks to Gord & Dave for putting these shows on their website.

Secondly, has anybody gotten their S3 PJ set yet? I'm hitting the local Wally World after work tonight and hopefully they'll be in stock.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Mr. Handley said:
First, thanks to Gord & Dave for putting these shows on their website.

Secondly, has anybody gotten their S3 PJ set yet? I'm hitting the local Wally World after work tonight and hopefully they'll be in stock.
I picked this and the Hillbillies up a little while ago. Wow, what colors! Looks really nice. Everyone will be thrilled, I'm sure.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
John Hermes said:
I picked this and the Hillbillies up a little while ago. Wow, what colors! Looks really nice. Everyone will be thrilled, I'm sure.
Can you tell us about running times? I got a set myself (although I won't be able to watch much of it for a few days), and the running time on the back cover for my set is still the running time from the press release (which, if correct, may mean everyone will NOT be thrilled).

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Astairefan said:
Can you tell us about running times? I got a set myself (although I won't be able to watch much of it for a few days), and the running time on the back cover for my set is still the running time from the press release (which, if correct, may mean everyone will NOT be thrilled).
I checked the first disc and they all run around 25:30. Full length!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^That's great news! My copy arrived via FedEx sometime today and was on the porch when I got home from work.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
My sets just arrived!
I like the packaging artwork for PJ. Even though its not consistent with the previous 2 seasons, I like it better because its more whimsical and retro looking. On the back are cartoon-like drawings of railroad tracks and the Shady Rest.
The Beverly Hillbillies packaging, ob the other hand, looks like public domain work. Why did they have to make Jethro look like a dwarf?
I'm just glad they're out! I hope CBS and Walmart are happy with the sales and will release more sets in the future.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
John Hermes said:
I checked the first disc and they all run around 25:30. Full length!
Thanks for posting this earlier today. I hadn't preordered because I was concerned that if the running time on the press release turned out to be true, I'd be better off just recording the early morning Antenna TV airings to disc. But having read your post, I made the trek out to Walmart after work. I had to deal with one rude employee and then a checker who was so slow he made Tim Conway's Old Man character seem like the Road Runner. Nevertheless, I got Season 3. I've only watched 1 episode so far, but it's just great to finally have it.

One positive about having to wait for the slow-moving checker - the person standing behind me in line had time to notice what I was buying, smiled, and said "Hey, I remember that show." She then said she'd have to buy a copy the next time she was there.

Hopefully this (and the Beverly Hillbillies set) sells well enough to result in further releases -- and without a multi-year wait between seasons. I don't really dislike Walmart (though I prefer Target), but the closest one to me is definitely out of the way. But I really hope I'll have to make 4 more visits within the next year or so to get the rest of the series.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Argh! I went to both of my local Wal-Mart superstores last night and neither one of them had the new sets!?! Oh, they each had about 50 copies of I Spit On Your Grave 2, but NOT ONE copy of either PJ or BH! I should've ordered online. Will know better next time.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Mr. Handley said:
Argh! I went to both of my local Wal-Mart superstores last night and neither one of them had the new sets!?! Oh, they each had about 50 copies of I Spit On Your Grave 2, but NOT ONE copy of either PJ or BH! I should've ordered online. Will know better next time.
Same here. NO PJ or BH either. The associate searched boxes and in the back for at least 30 minutes and couldn't find it. Someone had put up a still sealed copy on eBay last of S4 of TBH for $11.99 so I pounced on it! Sure, it will be a few days before I get it but still, that's a tough to beat price.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
No luck at two Walmarts around here either. I thought for sure there would be more of these popping up on eBay (or Amazon marketplace). So far only a few and none with the Buy-it-Now option.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks