CBS Press Release: Gunsmoke: The Tenth Season Volume One and Volume Two

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    image.png image2.png
    Gunsmoke: The Tenth Season, Volume One and Volume Two take aim onto DVD August 12. James Arness returns in his legendary role as Matt Dillon, the U.S. Marshal in charge of Dodge City, the wildest town in the West. This adventurous installment has Marshal Dillon up against deceptive carnies, a stagecoach hijacking, and a would-be bank robber putting a baby in the line of fire. It’s up to Dillon and company to find the truth and restore order to a town where anything can happen. A collection of amazing guest stars including Katharine Ross, Kurt Russell and Dennis Hopper are a special highlight to this season of the fan-favorite classic series. Each volume includes 18 digitally remastered episodes from the tenth season.​

DVD Basics:

Street Date: August 12, 2014 Price: $49.99 each Rating: Not Rated Runtime: 923 minutes (Volume One) and 929 minutes (Volume Two)

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

</span><span style="font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"></span></p> </div> </blockquote> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </blockquote> <div>

2. benbess

benbess Cinematographer

Ben Hufbauer
    An MSRP of $100 for the season is a bit steep imho. And I still think this "volume" arrangement is not just greedy but close to crazy. Since the show ran 20 years there are going to be close to 40 "volumes." On the other hand, it's a good show and CBS does a good job with the remastering. But waiting for a sale seems understandable for most.

cajunhillbilly likes this.
  3. cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly Screenwriter

Willard
    Not paying $40 per volume waiting for a sale

benbess and hypnohighball like this.
  4. ChrisALM

ChrisALM Supporting Actor

Chris
    Once again, I will be heading to my local Sam's Club. If there isn't some kind of decent price break there, I'll will monitor Amazon. At some point, this will be reasonably priced.

hypnohighball likes this.
  5. JMas

JMas Stunt Coordinator

I pre-ordered from Amazon when Season 10 was first announced for $34.99 per volume.

6. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    Wow. I never would have believed we would make it halfway through! Only one season of Black and White left to go.

7. Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris Supporting Actor

Is anybody finding these release in WalMart (brick and mortar) stores?

8. Dean Kloss

Dean Kloss Agent

I saw one volume (can't remember which one) at Walmart for $19.99. Can't figure out why they only got one volume but Sams Club also got just the one volume in as well.

9. ChrisALM

Chris
    I picked up Gunsmoke The Tenth Season Volume 1 today for $19.99 at my local Sam's Club. When I didn't see Volume 2, I asked one of the store clerks about it. She said that they don't always get both volumes in at the same time, and if it wasn't out on display, they didn't have it in stock. She looked through the display with me and they did not have it. I'll have to check back soon, maybe over the weekend.
    I also noticed that the display area for DVDs/Blu-rays is smaller than what was there previously.

10. phenri

phenri Second Unit

Paul

11. ChrisALM

Chris
    Yeah - I don't remember ever going to my Sam's Club and finding only one volume out of two that were released. I know the clerk told me they sometimes only have one volume, and maybe that happened with some of the series they have stocked in the past, I just don't know. But I know with Gunsmoke and Rawhide, in the past, they have always had both volumes of a two volume release. I haven't heard anything about a hold up for the second volume, but that would be the volume in which the episodes that ran on Encore Westerns was missing one show and had mislabeled titles for two others.

12. Dave B Ferris

Thanks for the replies. I live in a pretty dense urban area, several Walmart's nearby, so I'll try to find at least the first volume this weekend. If I do not see the second volume, I'll know the reason.

13. ChrisALM

Chris
    I checked out my Sam's Club again yesterday (Friday 08 15 14), still no Gunsmoke The Tenth Season Volume Two. There were a total of 5 sets of Volume One when I was in there on Wednesday. I bought one and I see they were down to three sets remaining yesterday.
    Amazon has the Volume 2 set up for purchase, so Sam's either has a very late or delayed delivery or simply didn't order Volume 2. With Amazon wanting 42+ for Volume Two, I'm going to wait at least a few weeks to see if Sam's gets that set in.

14. Dave B Ferris

B&N had Vols. 1 & 2. I had earlier picked up Vol. 1 at Walmart, like the others here. I picked up Vol. 2 at B&N - more expensive than Walmart (by far), but a little easier to swallow with my membership discount (10%) and a coupon (20% more).

15. ChrisALM

Chris
    I am assuming you went to the actual B&N store, not online?
    I checked Sam's Club again yesterday (Sunday 08 17 14) and it's still not there.

16. Dave B Ferris

^ Yes, a brick-and-mortar store.

17. smithbrad

smithbrad Screenwriter

Brad
    For those still interested that either haven't picked up volume 2 or don't have access to a Sam's Club or Walmart, Barnes and Noble now has both on sale for $24.99. Free shipping is available if you purchase at least $25. Also, if you haven't used them yet, there are two coupons available that can be used once on separate orders for 20% (J3R9V3X) and 15% (B7V8P9C) off the highest priced item in the cart to help offset taxes and shipping.

Coupons expire 9/1.

Mark McSherry, ChrisALM and Gary OS like this.
  18. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Thanks for that info, Brad!

Gary " :thumbs-up-smiley: " O.

19. smithbrad

smithbrad Screenwriter

Brad
    Not the right thread, but "Highway to Heaven" season 5 is preorder priced for $8.15. FYI, the coupons don't work on preorders.

Gary OS likes this.
  20. ChrisALM

Chris
    Thanks, Brad. With the coupon, I ended up with the same price on Gunsmoke that I would have gotten from Sam's Club. And I didn't want to pass up the price on the HTH S5, so a nice deal all around.