What's new

CBS Evening News is getting a music makeover (1 Viewer)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Don't know how interesting this is to anyone other than myself (I'm just weird this way) but I figure I'd mention it anyway:

Everyone knows the John Williams NBC Nightly News fanfare, now for Katie Couric's new CBS Evening News, all of the themes will be provided by James Horner, replacing all of the existing news music.

This information comes from this blog, http://www.artabundance.com/lyricalc...od-update.html

written by the wife of the orchestra's concertmaster (lead violinist), who spent Thursday recording the various pieces - a war theme, an election theme, long and short versions of the news theme, etc, etc.

Apparently, this will be reported on in stories documenting all the new changes made.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Ha ha.

And the 'four note danger motif', the crashing piano and the closing song performed by Celine, right?

A laugh riot :D

I happen to like Uilleann Pipes anyway.

Hate Celine, but I like those Pipes.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Or the seven note snare drum riff that is a Horner standard...

Whatever.

I love all those elements (except Celine. Did I mention I hate Celine? ) and can't wait to hear what will be a great theme.

To be honest, I didn't care one bit about the whole news makeover thing until this - why is it any sort of deal regarding who reports the 6:30 news? They're all the same, and having a man or woman do it won't make any real difference. Alternate between CBS, NBC and ABC and you will find that the only difference between them is when they report the similar stories during the broadcast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks