What's new

'Catch-Up' titles - Released HD-DVDs that have yet to get a Blu-ray release (US Only) (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah thanks for fighting the good fight and keeping this list updated. It's really clear how much Universal backed HD-DVD with that large remaining list of titles.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
On Kevin Smith's Hollywood Babble-On podcast (which is hilarious), someone asked if Mallrats would show up on Blu-Ray one day. Smith couldn't confirm anything (I doubt he's in the loop on that one) but he mentioned Universal's early support for HD-DVD and at this rate, it would only be a matter of time.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I remember when I had over 100 HD DVDs on that list (I still have them) but now there are about 10 in my collection that have no BD equivalent. While I have no plans to replace my HD DVDs with BDs, it is comforting to know that if all my HD DVD players crap out, or an HD DVD gets lost or damaged, I can easily replace a title.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
What about Black Xmas? Is the Canadian release actually equal to the US HD-DVD transfer? Cause there's no bloody US BD release. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks