What's new

'Catch-Up' titles - Released HD-DVDs that have yet to get a Blu-ray release (US Only) (1 Viewer)

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
It's good to see the list continue to dwindle so that fans of the titles in question can have access to them in hi-def. On the other hand, I took advantage of a very low price to add an HD DVD to my collection last week--Born on the Fourth of July. I'm not really a fan of this film but I am working on an academic project that involves some Vietnam War films and this one is among them. Since I needed a copy anyway, I decided to get it in hi-def now rather than wait for a BD that might not be out before the project is over (and it was cheaper than the DVD). Of course, tomorrow you're going to tell me that it's coming out on BD next week or something.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Originally Posted by Brandon Conway
Universal will release the following on 7/26/11:
Dante's Peak
I actually like that trashy disaster flick. It's worth at least a rental to me.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by benbess
I actually like that trashy disaster flick. It's worth at least a rental to me.
It's a great guilty pleasure of mine as well, and I've enjoyed watching it in high def on HD-DVD since its release. I doubt I'll jump for the Blu-ray until my HD-DVD player dies, but I'm glad the film will be available in a current high definition format.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
I'm glad to see "Dante's Peak" finally on Blu. It's a solid disaster pic where Brosnan first showed he could carry a big film as something other than James Bond and where Linda Hamilton finally got to play a normal woman without sewer creatures or Terminators. And she was good in the part. Finally, the film-makers did their homework and the special effects deliver the goods. "Dante's Peak" is light years better than the other volcano pic that year ("Volcano") which was loaded with howlers and insults to your intelligence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks