What's new

Castle - season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I think the Castle writers and producers are going to run out to TV shows and entertainment genres to spoof! And it's fun they also make fun/cross promote their own ABC series, Shark Tank. That was a fun Valentine's Day episode, Castle dodged another bullet. I was going to think the Captain would take the ear rings as a apology gift for all the things he's done to make her mad. He was certainly true to form insulting the Captain's interest in the Housewives series, yet later get so hook in the show.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see a Firefly reunion last night with Gina Torres guest starring as one of the Real Wives of Wall Street. - Walter.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Walter Kittel
Nice to see a Firefly reunion last night with Gina Torres guest starring as one of the Real Wives of Wall Street.
- Walter.
Yeah, I thought that was a great cameo. I've said this in watching Suits, but Gina Torres has aged amazingly, she is still incredibly stunning.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I just got the Firefly season set. I'll have to find time to see it so I know about all the Firefly references in this show!

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I just got the Firefly season set. I'll have to find time to see it so I know about all the Firefly references in this show!
I suspect that you will really like the show and I highly recommend the series. One of my favorite references to Firefly was from a few years back, when Castle wore his old costume at Halloween during the cold open and the reaction of Alexis. Of course, the convention episode was filled will all kinds of genre references. So far, we've seen Adam Baldwin and Gina Torres. I wouldn't mind seeing more of the crew of Serenity guest star on Castle. I could see Morena Baccarin playing a femme fatale similar to her role on The Mentalist a while back. Summer Glau guest stars on a lot of shows and would fit right in. - Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Walter. I saw Serentiy in the theater and ddn't really know what was going on and I didn't like Nathan's character there. But I didn't know the show either. So i'll give it a shot. Will Castle get Alexis back? Of course. Are the kidnappers related to the senator and whoever killed Kate's Mom? I was just wondering if they'd connect the stories, I doubt it. Poor Castle, Will he screw things up by going to Paris?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A very good acting showcase for Nathan Fillion. I enjoyed this first of two parts. Loved that Alexis kept her head and started thinking.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Nelson Au said:
Thanks Walter. I saw Serentiy in the theater and ddn't really know what was going on and I didn't like Nathan's character there. But I didn't know the show either. So i'll give it a shot.
Can't wait to hear your reactions after viewing the series Nelson - by the 4th episode you should have a good read on what the series is all about. Castle going to Paris is a given!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I liked the "going all Liam" that was thrown out there. We'll probably find out it was lucky coincidence that the girls met. Then it became a matter of shaking two trees at once. Regardless...entertaining in every way. This will also be the line that brings Casket together. Kate will see some claws, and I think she'll kinda like it... Editted(finally)...was on the phone earlier...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Monday's episode was the best in a long time. Most recent "Castle" episodes haven't given Castle much to do except state the obvious. There was some real meat on the bone this time. His conversation with the wheel man was some really gripping stuff. And then the final reveal was a genuine shocker, for a change. After increasingly ludicrously epic two-parters, it was nice to see them go in the opposite direction, with an aching intimate story and a fed that's actually a decent human being and coolly competent at his job.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
although to be fair you know the writers just said lets do Taken as a castle episode

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Favorite line of the season "Given how you're feeling so bad over your two hundred buck phone, you might want to go pick up that three million dollar briefcase"
Also liked the Ashley Judd comment
Enjoyable episode David

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
It was a very good, if not quick TV fashion ending. One of you guys called it, you knew who and what this character is and his raison d'etre.
I wonder what the cover story is and how much or what Castle tells his mother. Or even Beckett. Time to play spy was a fun one too.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
A nice episode. I had forgotten that we had known so little about Castle until now, so it was quite a surprise. They must have been holding onto this reveal for ages and just waiting for the right time to do this kind of episode.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The show is so much better when the characters are directly involved in the storyline. And these last two episodes drive home again how wasted Nathan Fillion is doing this series. He belongs in something with a lot more meat to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks