What's new

Cashcow runs dry: Hillary Duff quits Disney! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
So, it gets 2-3 times the run as Malcolm in the middle.. of which she sees none of it
She sees a standard SAG royalty package. And just because it's shown 2-3 times more STILL doesn't mean she's drawing the wide diverse audience that Malcom does.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
At the risk of drawing Holodem's wrath, I really need to say that it's a bit disturbing to hear a bunch of grown men making personal insults toward a young teenage girl, especially calling her a "hussy" (which, when I was growing up, was the polite way to say slut).

She should do whatever she wants to do. Her pre-adolescent and teenage fans will follow her wherever she goes. Other studios and producers are no doubt lining up to capture those mini-consumers.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I do suppose her demographic (girls not yet in high school) isn't the most lucrative, but we need actresses this age and I think she's one of the best current ones. I'd liek to see her in real movies now.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
FWIW, The Lizzie McGuire Movie has pulled in nearly $40 million to date and been a substantial hit for the target audience.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hold the phone folks, Amanda Bynes has more charm in her little finger than Hilary Duff has in her entire 'i'm such a freaking teen' body! Watch at least one episode of 'What I like About You' to see what I mean.

And also, compared to The Lizzie Maguire Movie, What a Girl Wants looks like 2001: A Space Odyssey!

As for the issue, the movie business may provide you and I with a lifetime of great entertainment, but it is one E V I L business that children should not be subjected to. It's a vicious animal that will chew up and spit out anyone...even children, it doesn't care.

JohnAP

Second Unit
Considering all the money Disney was making off her image on merchandise and crap, I'd say better she get more of it than Disney.

Too bad for the other actors on her show that'll be out of a job though. Especially that guy from Revenge of the Nerds.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Jason nailed it.

And that's why it's Hillary killing her cash flow and not the other way around. Disney will just press a couple of new kids in their machine and have their next $40m live action hit.

Cripes Kangaroo Jack and Snow Dogs did better biz than that.

Of course if she's really talented now she'll get to prove it. And if she does then I'm sure her money situation will work out pretty good (like it hasn't already).

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

You don't have to have talent to make big money as an actor. Look at Keanu Reeves. He acts like he has stick shoved up his ass and so far he has made 22.5 million in his latest outing. As an actor you just have to be in the right film, at the right time.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
You don't have to have talent to make big money as an actor. Look at Keanu Reeves. He acts like he has stick shoved up his ass and so far he has made 22.5 million in his latest outing. As an actor you just have to be in the right film, at the right time.
And to further the Keanu connection... how many utter Sh*t movies did he do before he started making the big bank? A lot. You've got to take your lumps, prove your drawing power, and THEN you can ask for the big bank. Jim Carrey, even with bad movies, pull in huge money. He has earned his payday. Same for Keanu.

To believe that you, with a CABLE television show and a mediocre-performing film under your belt makes you worth more than most people make in their entire lives is insane. She's like Marcus Chong... she got what she deserved by over-reaching and estimating her worth. Am I saying that Disney is right? Hardly. But you reach too far, you fall short, and then you are out of luck.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I just had to bring this one back up. I read last night that Disney has a standard 65 episode contract, and that is it. There is no renewal.

If there were, then Even Stevens would have been renewed too. What the articles actually did was to publicize her movie. We've all been scammed!

Glenn

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
The topic link is outdated and I can't seem to find any other news on Lizzie's Disney situation. Can someone point me to a link?

btw- Even Stevens is the greatest thing going for the Disney Channel imo. It really is a great, smart show.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Speaking of Even Stevens, I had a dream last night and I was in AP Stats talking to some friends, and Shia LeBeouf was talking to me..maybe because I was thinking about Dumb and Dumberer prior to falling asleep?

Shane D

Supporting Actor
I read somewhere yesterday that Duff was just signed to a recording contract with Disney for an album.

clemente

Agent
I just had to bring this one back up. I read last night that Disney has a standard 65 episode contract, and that is it. There is no renewal.

If there were, then Even Stevens would have been renewed too. What the articles actually did was to publicize her movie. We've all been scammed!

Glenn
These talks were for a network show that would have continued on with the Lizzie character in HS.

So no scam, no conspiracy.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Clemente, that isn't what got around. She wanted too much money so Disney turned down a contract renewal. It was never a conspiracy, though, just good advertising.

Glenn.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks