What's new

Directors Cary Grant Centennial Film Tourney (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I'm kind of surprised by this voting. The Talk of the Town is a great film, but I thought there'd be a lot of abstaining. Glad to see that this film isn't as obscure as I thought it was.

Talk of the Town wins.

Our final first round match-up:

That Touch of Mink vs. Indiscreet

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Indiscreet wins.

OK, this brings us to round 2, and I think most of the films that only I have seen are gone, so there should be a lot less abstaining. I've randomly seeded the match-ups for this second round, and there's even one bracket where Brook can vote. So, without further ado, let's start with that one. :)

The Philadelphia Story vs. His Girl Friday

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
The replies to this matchup only verify what I've long felt.

His Girl Friday is far from being the worst film Cary Grant ever made, but it is easily the most overrated (IMO)

I can't believe that a film as great as The Philadelphia Story isn't getting at least one vote here. :frowning:

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
You gave me a toughie George.

As a movie, I would give the edge to The Philadelphia Story, but since this is a Cary Grant tournament my vote goes to His Girl Friday and Grant's whirlwind performance.

C'y'all in Round 3. :D

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Just to clarify, this is a tournament of Cary Grant films, not Cary Grant performances. I have no idea if that would change anyone's votes, but just want to make sure that there's no confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks