What's new

Carpet Floor - Downfiring or Frontfiring subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Mike-Gr

Grip
Which type would be best for a carpeted floor. I'm thinking the frontfiring since the carpet would probably absorb the bass from a downfiring sub.

Thanks...

BrianTwig

Second Unit
SVS's downfiring subs have a "bass plate" that they 'stand' on.

Mine is on a berber rug and it just kills. And because of WAF and room layout and set up I likely have it in the worst or 2nd worst possible place. Hoping to fix that soon.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I use a ceramic tile under mine. It is cheap. I'd get the sub you want that will work best in your room and not sweat it.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member

No, it doesn't matter. You'd need carpet many feet thick to start having any impact on bass frequencies. Any standard carpet will be "invisible" to bass frequencies that will go right through it as if it weren't even there.

James Edward

Supporting Actor
I have an Hsu VTF-39 (down-firing), and it actually says in the manual that it is designed to be placed on carpet. It further states that if you place it on a hard surface, a small piece of carpet should be below it.
It seems to work well in my carpeted room...

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Carpet will absorb a little, but not enough to make any meaningful difference. Basically, don't worry too much about it like Phil A said.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks