What's new

Carmen Jones (1954) Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

carmenjonesblu.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0); font-family: 'Merriweather Sans', sans-serif; line-height: 22px; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242);]Please Note: As we get closer to release date, FoxConnect will be offering an exclusive discount for HTF members on these Fox Classics.  It is their way of saying thank you for participating in the Vote Your Choice campaign.  There will be discounts on individual and grouped discs.  The discounts should exceed Amazon prices.  We encourage you to preorder from Amazon so that you may cancel that preorder should you prefer the FoxConnect discount.[/color]

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

Last edited by a moderator:

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
It's great to hear the young Marilyn Horne as the 'Carmen' in this version, fresh from Juilliard School, before she made the move from soprano to mezzo. I think the only actor doing her own singing in this was Pearl Bailey!
It's a great movie, one of Oscar Hammerstein II's greatest achievements .. and of course, pretty good work from Bizet too...

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I stand corrected. Her Cindy Lou was really excellent.
I saw this movie first when I was 12 or 13 .. it has stuck in my brain ever since and although I've seen 'Carmen' in the opera house a score of times, this reworking still seems the 'real thing' to me every time I hear it!

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Marilyn Horne was also one of the chorus singers in the film of "The King and I". She participated in the 'Small House of Uncle Thomas' sequence. It is quite possibly Ms Horne during the "praise to Buddha" lyric as the snow starts falling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks