What's new

Car Subwoffer in my room Experts!!!!!!!! I need you (1 Viewer)

Yea once again tant thank you fuh replying yup its kinda difficult to get speakers from the states to over here.Amm today i was strolling in the mall and i saw the onkyo 767 home theater in a box system....is that any good??? yea i think i'll save and buy ah good set of apeakers.....by the way how's polk's rm7600....yea i think a store in the city by us carries polk but i am not sure what series they carry........i'll scrap the whole car audio mains thing i think.....thanks again tant

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Adire Audio has a distributor for the West Indies you may want to contact.

Stephen Swamber
Longdenville Old Road
Enterprise
Chaguanas
Trinidad and Tobago
West Indies
PHONE: 1 868 665 2210
ALT PHONE: 1 868 758 7289
E-MAIL: [email protected]

Adire offers a complete line of drivers and plans for DIY subs and is now offering their HE series for mains.
http://www.adireaudio.com

Okaaaay well i cant thank you enough TimForman you just made my day or should i say night i haaaaad nooooo idea that it had a dealer down here and you actually looked for me i cant thank you enough thaaaaaaaank yooooooooooooooou.And i'll look into the onkyo tant thank you also i cant thank you fellars enough you reaaaaaly dont know how much this means to meeeeeeee Happy new years everyone

Anthony*gw

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Andre,i live in Trinidad also where exactly are you from.I live in Santa Cruz.go with the shiva
.peace:emoji_thumbsup:

Hey Anthony i am from marabella nice to meet you maybe you can give me your hotmail contact if you have on and i can get in contact with you sometime and we can discuss somw home theater stuuf together.And yea i called the man i chaguanus today he was very nice soooo i think i would go with the shiva or the tempest when i get the money anthony.i think i would go with the tempest 15 or 12 inch and the plate amp.And once again thank you everyone for your feedback it meant alot to me .Or yea one more thing if i am getting the shiva do you all recommend a sonosub or a traditional cube space is not aconsideration.Happy new years to all.......

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Quote:
if i am getting the shiva do you all recommend a sonosub or a traditional cube
That depends on what your goal is. Are you using it for Home Theater? What percentage of the time would you be listening to music? Do you want tight, accurate bass or do you want it to boom? As a general rule; large, vented enclosures work better for HT and small, sealed enclosures work better for music. You can compromise between the two by using a smaller, vented enclosure or a larger, sealed enclosure. Check Adire's website for reference designs.
Sealed designs
Vented designs
For vented enclosures you could use either a cube or Sonotube. For sealed I recommend a cube. There are other designs, such as transmission line but they can be a bit more complicated.
Transmission Line Speakers
I've built two variations of the quarter-wave concept. They are very simple and musical.
Shiva
AV8

Hey thank you veeeeery much......i never thought you all would have been sooo much help over on these forums...so what you guys think shiva or tempest......bye and happy new years.

TimForman

Supporting Actor
My previous questions and comments apply here also. Generally, for home theater you want to move as much air as possible so that would be the Tempest. For more music a smaller driver will work better as it's usually not necessary to go quite so low and there's less mass to move. Again, those are generalizations. If you can state your specific goals you'll get more specific answers.

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Cool, ok so the next question. What kind of music? Anything real bass heavy like Rap, or lighter like Jazz? Chances are at this point we're looking at a sealed Shiva. Nah, that's too easy of an answer. Maybe a transmission line Shiva. That would be cool.

Hey tim thanks for e-mailing me i really enjoyed the links...And i would like to ask is can your turn an adire audio tempest into a very musical sub????? with correct engerneering i think you could.....BYeeeeeeee

Nahhhhh rap????? i dont listen to much rap.....you see i am a weird 19 year old...ilist to roxette looooots of enya and classical music a i listen to holly cole,bryan adams,peter cetera celine dion.........you know really soft mellow music......oh yea and sarah mclachlan so maybe you could recommend a sub driver and enclosure type for me........thanks for taking so much time from your shedule o help me tim........

Marcus Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in Trinidad too, I have a dual 16-46 cs+ setup with Klipsch reference speakers ... Trini's are everywhere I tell you, lol

Marcus Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in Carenage ... The shipping on the svs was no biggie .. the DUTY was de killer!!!

15% Vat + 35% some other crap really added up! Given a dual 16-46cs+ package came in around $1800 US including shipping ... My end (landed) cost was about $14,000 TT I think ...

However, I did order two of the biggest subs with a friggin huge S1000 amp ...

At the end of the day I'm very happy and the one thing I don't feel a burning desire to upgrade are my subs ...

I also had some Ascend acoustic CBM-170 speakers (still have two) that are FANTASTIC, except I dropped and killed one and tore the woofer in the other ...

wheeeeeeeeeey 14.000 fadda????? looooord anyways if you want the goood suff you gota pay but i am a student and well thas wayyyyyy out of my range for jus he sub i am looking a 14.000 maybe for the whole sysem over the periond of about 3 years yup.......any ways i must go with something cheaper sooooooo.think i'll goo with some alpha b's and a diy subwoofer.......bye

Anthony*gw

Stunt Coordinator
hey what's up my trini brethrens,i to am from Trinidad gotta love it.so Andre, i see you decided on the tempest you will not be disappointed.i ordered the Shiva which i should be getting it soon,i already built my box,an 140L enclosure it's big but it looks like its gonna cause some problems,for other people that is:). this was my first attempt at diy and everyone who saw the enclosure like it although its not perfect, to me it looks like a masterpiece.after the sub was completed,folks on this board warned me that it would not have stop there and they were right,i have the diy bug.currently i am looking to build some diy acoustic panels to put on the walls(because i got a tile floor and a little opening to a small kitchen)and the panels will make the room sound alot better.btw i also have the jbl nsp1 II 5.1 speakers,they sound very decent dread trust meh.love watching movies with them,i cant imaging how everting will sound after i get my Shiva sub up and running:D anyway brethrens we go pick up later. Peace

Scene anthony whas up???ammmm aye how much is the total cos yuh gonna end up paying for shipping down the shiva?????? yea this man in chag selling it but he selling it at a ridiculous price 1800 i think somewhere around there so if is cheaper to ship i down i think i'll do it that way......soooo can you please tell me how much its gonna cost thank you........respect..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks