Car repair message board? Cherokee dash...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Timon Russo, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Timon Russo

Timon Russo Stunt Coordinator

Where would I go for help with this problem I am having? I have a stereo I want to install in my 1995 Jeep Cherokee, but can't get the dash off to gain access to the old stereo. I get the screws out and pop it off, but can't twist it enough around the steering column to get it off or at least out of the way enough to remove the old stereo. I really want to do this myself to save a few bucks. Any advice? Or on-line resource? Thanks

2. Andrew W

Andrew W Supporting Actor

Get the service manual. It will have the removal procedure and show you what you are missing. They're a bit expensive, but having a service manual also greatly reduces the ability of mechanics to BS you about a repair. You can look at the book and determine if they are being straight with you.
    ------------------
    Andrew in Austin

3. John Johnson

John Johnson Agent

If you want to save a few bucks you can check out a Chilton's manual (probably $20-25). Go to a car parts store and you should be able to look through before/if you buy it and make sure it has the info you need...

4. Robert McDonald

Robert McDonald Stunt Coordinator

You may want to try one of the forums at Edmunds.com
    ------------------

5. Lisel

Lisel Stunt Coordinator