What's new

Car Dealer Stories (1 Viewer)

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
My parents are very good friends with someone who has a similar story. When my family and his family were both in Germany Brian (the friend) bought a Porshe, I believe a 911. After only owning it for a short while, he came back to the states. He found a reputable Porshe dealer and took it in for maintenance a few times without incident. One time he took it in for an oil change and while it was there, the owner's 19 year old son took it for a joyride. He lost control and ran into a tree, crushing the whole frontend. Brian wasn't so lucky and the best he managed to do was get it "repaired". Uh huh, sure, the car runs like shit now. The car won't make it more than a couple of miles so all that he does now is keep the thing in his driveway. Quite nice to look at but it isn't worth anything anymore.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter

Ya know, if one had the extra time and money, it would be fun to at least attempt to get that kind of charge against the scum/test driver. Probably wouldn't be possible but certainly something to try and probably get the scum blacklisted from the dealership business.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
You know, I'd never heard the uproar over the Mustang mechanic. What a story!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Doesn't work for me either.

BTW, Sott,

From the second link:
Is Mark your brother? :)

Cees

Scott L

Senior HTF Member

John Watson

Screenwriter
After buying my 3rd or 4th car, I came to the realization, which I expressed in the following way : I couldn't outsmart or outwit or outlast a car salesman if I had 7 lifetimes of experience. :frowning:

Then I bought a house, and now I reckon I'd probably need 77 lifetimes of experience before I'd feel comfortable dealing with the real estate business :D

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
I used Edmunds and the internet to buy our last car. As long as I got within 100.00 of Edmund's TMV, I was happy. Then again, I knew the exact make/model and options without caring about color. Ended up getting a deal out-of-state, and they delivered the car on a Saturday.

Since it was done via the internet, we never saw the car before taking delivery... kind of like mail-order.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks