What's new

Car commercials and the songs that appear in them (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Actually it's
Magic Carpet Ride (Steir's Mix) - Steppenwolf/Philip Steir
It's on the GO Soundtrack if you have it. Cool song. :emoji_thumbsup:

RobertW

Supporting Actor
"what do i get" by the buzzcocks was used in some kinda mini-suv(rav 4?) commercial a few years ago. where the guy pulls up and throws all sorts of camping gear out of the back.

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
I remember the opening of the song "Sweetness and Light" by Lush being used in some commercial, but I can't remember what was being advertised (either my memory is bad or the commercial wasn't very effective!)

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
Yikes. I just saw that this thread was for car commercials only. Sorry about that. Please let me know if you'd like me to remove the listings. Thanks!

One that I liked was Big Red Rocket Of Love by The Rev. Horton Heat. I believe it was for a Mazda commercial.

-Chris

Kelly W

Second Unit
There is a Chrysler commercial where they use "Yeh Yeh" by They Might Be Giants (my most favorite band in the whole wide world :)). The song is a cover of someone else's song (I don't feel like looking it up right now), but the version used in the commercial is definitely by TMBG. The commercial in question is the one where the driver of a shuttle bus (like from a theme park or an airport) is driving around a parking lot looking at several models of cars. The commercial is not for any one car in particular, but for a whole line of Chrysler models.
I'm also surprised (although I may just have missed it), but nobody has mentioned the Cadillac commercials with Led Zeppelin.
-Kelly

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yesterday, i received a mailing for one of my mitsubishi dealers. you can go in, give them the mailing and ask for a free cd with all the songs from their commercials. i don't recall the playlist, but it had most of the good ones. totally free.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
here's a list of songs on the mitsubishi mix cd:
start the commotion - wise guys
one week - barenaked ladies
20th century boy - t rex
lady shave - gus gus
in the meantime - space hog
pick up the pieces - the average white band
lust for life - iggy pop
superfly - curtis mayfield
i see you baby - groove armada
you get what you give - new radicals
for free, not a bad mix. i'm not sure if you have to have the mailing or not, but i suppose if you're bored and in the neighborhood...
i'm gonna try to get mine today or tomorrow. :)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Old thread, but new question. The Nissan X-Terra commercial where the 2 guys have been helicopter lifted to the top of the mountain and they are snowboarding down. The music has great guitar riffs. Anyone know which one I'm talking about, and who the artist is & name of song?

RobertW

Supporting Actor
Japanese Girls, by Robbers on High Street?

I know i've been hearingthis for some car commercial recently, but not sure if this is the one you're referring to.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
From a few years ago: in that Acura commercial which features Palm Springs, the song used was called "Bossa Per Due" and was done by Nicola Conte, from his album of the same name. ESL Music is owned by the guys that makes up Thievery Corporation, one of my favorite duos.
When the New Beetle was introduced back in 1997, Stereolab's "Parsec" was used, from their album Dots And Loops (I own this album and it's awesome; Conte's has been on my list for awhile).

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
There was a Honda commercial I saw a few months that had a song in it I liked, something abotu going up a mountain. They were driving up a mountain and psychedelic flowers were appearing everywhere. It was catchy.

SirMasterBlue

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
Saturn Vue commercial. ... When the car leaves the garage animation transforms the entrance in to a stage like setting.

Simple Kid - Lil' King Kong

Sorry, couldn't find the actual commercial, but did find the song on youtube

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
John Mayer and Slash both do a commercial for VW, but it's just them jamming, not really "songs" per se.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks