What's new

"Captain Video and His Video Rangers" coming to DVD November 25, 2008 (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Matthew
Captain Video And His Video Rangers - Television on DVD Starring Al Hodge & Richard Coogan; Alpha Video : OLDIES.com

Yes!! It's gonna be released by Alpha Video, who seems to be searching really deep to find public domain goodies to release. Al Hodge & Richard Coogan are both listed as being in on the DVD, so it can't be the serial. I just hope NBC's "Ding Dong School" is next! I've seen VHS copies of 2 episodes of "Captain Video" and for those who have never seen it, it's brilliantly weird and strange, with it's infamous use of old westerns mixed with live sci-fi drama.

Any thoughts?

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

I'm really glad to see Alpha releasing these public domain obscurities. A lot of what Alpha has released is available elsewhere (Shokus, Moviecraft, Nostalgia Family Video) but often times at prices two, three, and even four times what Alpha is charging. I'm also glad to see that Alpha seems to have passed through their more commercial phase of releasing common, easy-to-find PD episodes of shows like "Bonanza," "The Lucy Show," and "The Beverly Hillbillies," among others. They now seem to be returning to their specialty . . . . releasing harder-to-find PD episodes of forgotten shows from television's first decade or so. You can find PD episodes of "The Lucy Show" everywhere; not so with "Captain Video."

redbird

Agent
Real Name
M
Cool! After watching "Tales of Tomorrow" I wanted to see some more of these ancient kinescoped shows warts and all. And this show is one I always wanted a glimpse of since Norton enjoyed it so much in one of my favorite episodes of "The Honeymooners"!:laugh:

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Official space helmet on captain video !!!!!!!!!LOL, I just might buy this , to see what the show looked like.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
The only problem I have with Alpha is quality - they are known to actually dupe off of other company's public domian releases!

Atleast Shokus,Moviecraft and Nostalgia Family Videotransfer from print - heck alot of what's 'out there' is thanks to them!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks