What's new

Captain Nice now coming in Germany! (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
They did Mr. Terrific and now Germany does it again with a Captain Nice release next week: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.amazon.de/Das-Geheimnis-blauen-Tropfen-komplette/dp/B0051BYOO6&ei=ycMyTtvHBMndiAKB85W6CA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCIQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Damazon%2Bgermany%2BDas%2BGeheimnis%2Bder%2Bblauen%2BTropfen%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D625%26prmd%3Divns I suppose we should wait for the reviews to see if this is a legit set or not. They ran on HA! back in the early 90s here and looked really nice but they only came in at around 23 minutes. Who knows what those wacky Germans might release next. The Good Guys? The Hero? Double Life of Henry Phyfe? Rango? It would be great to get any of those short-run 60s sitcoms that aren't around.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Neil Brock said:
They did Mr. Terrific and now Germany does it again with a Captain Nice release next week: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.amazon.de/Das-Geheimnis-blauen-Tropfen-komplette/dp/B0051BYOO6&ei=ycMyTtvHBMndiAKB85W6CA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCIQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Damazon%2Bgermany%2BDas%2BGeheimnis%2Bder%2Bblauen%2BTropfen%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D625%26prmd%3Divns I suppose we should wait for the reviews to see if this is a legit set or not. They ran on HA! back in the early 90s here and looked really nice but they only came in at around 23 minutes. Who knows what those wacky Germans might release next. The Good Guys? The Hero? Double Life of Henry Phyfe? Rango? It would be great to get any of those short-run 60s sitcoms that aren't around.
How about Camp Kunamuck which ran about the same time.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I really did love Captain Nice. I was young when it originally ran, but I remember being so disappointed it didn't catch on and got canceled after playing only a half season.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
This site also confirms the above: "Pidax films have announced the DVD release of the 60's U.S. comedy series "The Secret of the Blue drops" [Captain Nice] for August 5, 2011. The series, written by Buck Henry ("Get Smart") revolves around a shy police chemist who invents a serum that gives him super powers which he used over the series' 15 episodes to solve difficult cases. The 2-disc set has a German Dolby Digital 2.0 soundtrack but no English language version or bonus materials."

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
It is a shame that there original tracks are not on these DVDs. Surely there is a market for this series in America and Britain?

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Ian K McLachlan said:
It is a shame that there original tracks are not on these DVDs. Surely there is a market for this series in America and Britain?
I'm sure there certainly would've been at least a few importers of this if the releasing company had the foresight to release it with the original soundtrack intact (and could've added german language/subtitle tracks for their 'home' market). Now they'd done themselves out of at least a few extra sales! There are plenty of American and British series on foreign discs that have the original language tracks preserved (for purists and English-speakers), as well as foreign language and/or subtitles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks