Captain America 2: The sequel news

Discussion in 'Movies' started by oscar_merkx, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    That's good news; Atwell was terrific in the role.

2. Afiger

Afiger Agent

Daniel
    Hey, awesome. I don't know if it is just me but it seems like super hero movies are getting a lot better than they used to be. I still refuse to see the Superman flick, but everyone else seems to be putting out awesome movies.

3. Robert Smith1

Robert Smith
    Wating for it :) :) :)

4. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    I wouldn't worry. I don't think that is the only uniform Cap will be wearing in The Winter Soldier. The concept art they have released has so far been relatively close to what we've seen from the set pictures. So we've seen this: image.jpg And then this: image.jpg Then we've seen this: image.jpg and then these: image.jpg image.jpg But then we've also recently seen this new concept art: image.jpg And now at Comic Con, there is this on display: image.jpg Winter Soldier is unmasked in this newest concept art, so it's likely from the climax, or at least the later part of the film. I think that the story will start with Cap trying to acclimate to present day society and feeling disillusioned about the modern word/politics. And I think he'll be more an "agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. instead of "Captain America", and thus the "super soldier" suit. But I think that S.H.I.E.L.D. will be compromised and Steve, Nick Fury, and the rest will be on the outs (or on the run). There have been some rumors that Steve will break into the Smithsonian to grab a display version of this WWII era suit to use after all that goes down. That's just rumors and guesses based on promotional art and set photos, but I think it's likely to be somewhere in the ballpark. So I think we'll ultimately see Cap in the modified version of his WWII uniform like in the concept art on Comic Con photos above.

5. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
  6. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    An interesting quote from director Joe Russo about the connection between the Winter Soldier and both Avengers films:

7. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    As I speculated, the S.H.I.E.L.D. suit is "stealth suit", and there will be other suits in the film. http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Black-Widow-Loyalty-Howling-Commandos-Joe-Anthony-Russo-Talk-Captain-America-38668.html image.jpg
    Love the sound of Cap's fighting style being amped up in this! That is definitely something I thought they haven't quite nailed in his first two outings. I read another interview with Chris earlier (I'll have to find it and post it later) where he said he's been doing lots of fight training but also lots of gymnastic and parkour training. He said that he played the Captain America video game and thought that that is how his fighting should be handled in the movies. He had a meeting with the Russos and they showed him various fights from things to demonstrate the fighting style they wanted to portray in the movie, and one of them was the intro for the Captain America video game. He said he knew they were on the same page about how Cap's fighting abilities should be amped up.Here's the interview:http://omg.yahoo.com/video/yo-captain-america-does-gymnastics-223406485.html

8. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    More from the Russos:
    There's more interesting stuff in the full interview. http://www.slashfilm.com/interview-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-directors-promise-a-significant-shift-in-the-marvel-universe/

9. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    The following is a description of a scene showed at D23 today. It's just a scene description and doesn't get into any significant plot points:
    Also, there is a new official synopsis. It doesn't seem to spoil any major plot points:

10. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

This is the one I'm most excited about. I thought the first Captain America movie was the best of the phase one movies. It'll be interesting to see how Captain America's experiences with the Black Widow in this film affect their relationship in Avengers 2.

11. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
  12. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
  13. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    The "Agent Carter" one shot on the Iron Man 3 blu-ray was excellent!Very intertaining and well done. I'd love to see more of that. I hope the rumors of this being the inspiration for another Marvel TV series holds true.

14. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    I thought the bit with Howard and Dum Dum Doogan during the credits was priceless. image.jpg

15. Chris Will

Chris Will Supporting Actor

Chris WIlliams
    I just don't think that will happen IMO. It would basically be the same show as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but in the past. Maybe I'll be wrong because honestly, I think it would have been more interesting to have Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. set in the past before the world new about super heroes and part of there mission was to keep it a secret.

16. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
  17. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    image.jpg I hear that the trailer will be attached to The Dark World.

18. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    image.jpg

19. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    I'm very excited to see Cap drop the hammer (shield) on some fools.

I like the poster a lot. I wish there was an approved federal budget on his back instead of his shield, though.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding (no, I'm not).

Great poster, though. Excited for the trailer. Thor and Captain America remain my favorite standalone movies.

20. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    Why April for such a big budget movie? Does that somehow indicate less confidence in the movie by the studio? Or is summer already too crowded?