What's new

can't sleep. (1 Viewer)

ChrisHall

Auditioning
ugh, hafta get up @ 5.30am today, and then go to court at 9am. then go to work from 3-10. what a fun day i shall have. :thumbsdown:

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Wouldn't ya figure if you couldn't sleep you'd have more time for a post with a little more substance?

B

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Going on 36 hours now myself. I caught the most bizarre amount of jetlag after my California trip. I don't start to get tired until 3 or 4 am, which is just a recipe for disaster when I have to get up at 6am.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Exercise. With regular exercise (5 times a week), I can fall asleep anywhere, anytime.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Yep excercise is the secret to many things, including feeling great when you'd normally feel... normal. :) I love the whoozy feeling after a brief workout and treadmill jog. :b

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've been having a terrible time falling asleep Sunday nights. The exhaustion of getting through Monday means I feel like I'm playing catch-up all week long. As much as I hate snow et al., I definitely can't wait for the cool fall/winter nights when sleep comes easy.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Adam:

Talk about bringing up an old thread.

Have you tried using something like Advil PM or Tylenol PM to help you get sleep on Sunday nights? They don't leave you with a hang over the next day like a sleeping pill can (the type you have to have a script for from your doctor) and will help you get a good nights sleep.

Some people also have good luck with Melatonin. My wife takes them and she can sleep well with it. I haven't had any luck with it myself but YMMV.

Parker

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Someone had to carry the flame from Dennis Nicholls.

Yeah, Tylenol PM works good, thanks for the suggestion. The problem is, by the time I realize I need it, it's too late to use it. I don't like to take it if I don't have eight hours to devote to sleep, because then I'm too groggy to function all morning. I think lately its a combination of some minor stress at work coupled with this horribly hot and humid weather that doesn't cool down at night like it should in the Northeast.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

Yeah, Tylenol PM works good, thanks for the suggestion. The problem is, by the time I realize I need it, it's too late to use it. I don't like to take it if I don't have eight hours to devote to sleep, because then I'm too groggy to function all morning. I think lately its a combination of some minor stress at work coupled with this horribly hot and humid weather that doesn't cool down at night like it should in the Northeast.

Work stress gets me on Sunday night a lot. I go from drifting off to sleep to thinking about all the stuff I need/should be doing on Monday.

Audioman321

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jane Smiths
work stress,i always listen some light music and do some sports to relieve stress.Very useful for me .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks