What's new

Can't read from CD-ROM, please help! (1 Viewer)

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator
Hi everyone,

I burned a backup copy of all my documents to a CD yesterday. I even burned two copies of the disc, in case there was some sort of burning error that wasn't reported.

Now, I've reformatted my computer, reinstalled Windows XP, and I can't read from the CD. About 75% of the files work with no problem, but when I try to copy the other files to my computer I get the error "cannot read from source file or disc". It seems to be happening on certain specific folders.

When I try to copy the files using the command prompt, I get the error "the parameter is incorrect" and the files won't copy.

The only problem I can think of is that the disc was burned as a multisession disc (with the option of not writing any additional sessions) using Easy CD Creator 5.

Could this burning method somehow lock out files?
I've tried burning a copy of the disc, and using the copy, but it still didn't work.

I tried capturing the disc to an image on the hard drive and mounting it with a virtual drive program, but I still get the same error.

Any help, or a suggestion for a recovery program (or a program that would allow me to read these files) would be appreciated! My current drive is NTFS, and I'm using windows XP.

Bob

DaveNel

Second Unit
Are you putting the CD back in the burner drive, In some cases a Burnt CD wont work in any other drive but a CD Burner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks