What's new

Can't get subwoofer to play on my H/K 525 (1 Viewer)

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
I'm wondering if I hooked something up wrong. I don't see how though since there is only one place to connect the subwoofer to. Do I have to turn on the sub in some menu? Speakers work fine.

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
I'm wondering if I hooked something up wrong. I don't see how though since there is only one place to connect the subwoofer to. Do I have to turn on the sub in some menu? Speakers work fine.

StephenHa

Second Unit
well it's possible the sub volume is down in the setup menu, does the sub amp have an auto turn on circuit? maybe it's not detecting try turning it constant on

StephenHa

Second Unit
well it's possible the sub volume is down in the setup menu, does the sub amp have an auto turn on circuit? maybe it's not detecting try turning it constant on

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
There is a power ON/OFF at the back, that's about it. The light is ON indicating power. I went through all the menus dealing with speakers/subs/crossovers, and I don't know why the sub is not turning on.

I am pretty sure it's the receiver cause the sub goes into stand-by when there is no signal present for 15min and it just went into stand-by.

I changed the speakers to small. I tried all kinds of settings and no sound.

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
There is a power ON/OFF at the back, that's about it. The light is ON indicating power. I went through all the menus dealing with speakers/subs/crossovers, and I don't know why the sub is not turning on.

I am pretty sure it's the receiver cause the sub goes into stand-by when there is no signal present for 15min and it just went into stand-by.

I changed the speakers to small. I tried all kinds of settings and no sound.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Dom,

With the H/K, you'll have to define the sub. I remember running into this before. Under the "speaker setup" menu, the subwoofer should be set to Sub (LFE). This should be on page 23 of your manual. Check your settings and see what they are set to using this page in the manual.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Dom,

With the H/K, you'll have to define the sub. I remember running into this before. Under the "speaker setup" menu, the subwoofer should be set to Sub (LFE). This should be on page 23 of your manual. Check your settings and see what they are set to using this page in the manual.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Dom,

What have you tried to listen to? If only the DVD player, you might want to check your settings there, too.

-Robb

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Dom,

What have you tried to listen to? If only the DVD player, you might want to check your settings there, too.

-Robb

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne, I tried your setup and still nothing.

Robb, I only used the DVD player so far, but just tried the TV and same thing.

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne, I tried your setup and still nothing.

Robb, I only used the DVD player so far, but just tried the TV and same thing.

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
I changed the crossover for the sub and ran it at many different points and still nothing. It's not just LFE.

I'm starting to think that either my sub is not working or the sub circuit in my receiver. I might have to get a hold of working components and test each. Maybe even try a different cable.

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
I changed the crossover for the sub and ran it at many different points and still nothing. It's not just LFE.

I'm starting to think that either my sub is not working or the sub circuit in my receiver. I might have to get a hold of working components and test each. Maybe even try a different cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks