What's new

Can't get my screensaver to work (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I just spent $15 to download a new screensaver (the SereneScreen aquarium mentioned in another post). Everything works OK when I launch it manually, but it will not start automatically.

I figured something was sending signals to the desktop, not allowing it to "rest" long enough for the screensaver to kick in. So I disabled everything under the sun, but still no luck.

I exited from everything in the taskbar except what would not give me the option to disable (this leaves SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE, REALTEK AUDIO MANAGER, and the volume control).

I shut down everything else, including my anti-virus and widgets. I even removed the batteries from both my wireless keyboard and mouse as well as disconnecting from my wireless modem.

What the heck?

For what it's worth, it's not just the aquarium that won't launch. None of the Windows-included screensavers would start either (I have the launch time set for one minute).

I'm running Vista.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Jon

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Ummmmm.....never mind. A bit of Googlin' solved the problem.

It was indeed my wireless desktop. Windows offers a fix on their update site.

Lovin' the fishies!

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks