What's new

Can't find Mickey Mouse in Living Color (1 Viewer)

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
Nebraska Furniture Mart/Mega Mart in Omaha,NE had several copies of all 4 Disney Treasures last week. I think they were priced at $24.98. Their toll free number is 800-359-1200 and they do ship them out, don't know what they charge though. You can give them a call if your interested.

Carl Walker

Stunt Coordinator
I posted this on another thread, but Sam's Club in Winston-Salem, NC had all 4 tins in stock on Tuesday of this week. The price was $21.95. Good luck!

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
i bought the living color ( mickey ) from amazon. glad i saw this thread! but the other 3 are not interesting.
Dont knock the Silly Symphonies Tin, it's VERY interesting IMHO. Some of the finest animation around. Just love the "Old Mill". Also thought the Davey Crockett (why do I suddenly hear the theme song in my head?) Tin was pretty good. The wife and I were laughing hysterically when the skunk snuck into Buddy Ebsen's sleeping bag. Guess ya had to be there ;). Havent looked at the Disneyland Tin, but it seems to be the one that gets the more lackluster reviews of the four.
I saw a MM Tin at my local Sams Club and it had a huge dent in it. Looked like somebody smacked it with a hammer :O. They were $21.99.
Cheers.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Like Carl mentioned, this set and the other three are available in many Sam's Club's at a great price. These may be the last copies "out there."

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I fully expect these titles to show up later on as "standard" (non-tin) editions... I think Disney probably issued them in such small numbers to test the public's interest, since their shorts don't have the broad and immediate appeal of their theatrical releases. I think the appeal is evident now, don't you? :b

I'm hoping for another volume of Silly Symphonies and a Donald Duck set next....

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I also saw all tins available at Sam's Club yesterday. They appear to have recently received two cases full. The numbers were pretty high so this might be the last batch of them.

Price $20.99 each.

I picked them all up from the disney online store after Christmas, that would be another place to look.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
DVD Planet also has all four in stock at $24.99. I just ordered them a couple of days ago.
I kept checking my local Sam's but they never got any in so I had to give up on the cheap price & order them online. :frowning:

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Craig Bean-

Hey neighbor! (I probably live within 10 minutes of you.)

I am wondering why you "full exspect" these to

be rereleased without the tins?

If you take a little trip down to Fry's,

you'll see several copies of each STILL sitting

on the shelves.

I hope they have sold well, but BVHV has given no

indication that they will rerelease these particular

DVDs in a non-tin, non-LE format.

In deed, I hope they do not.

Disney has enough PR problems, without being

big fat liars, and considering the fiasco that

was their first set of animated films to come to DVD,

I'd say they've learned their lesson about saying

something in limited and then changing their minds.

Mark

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'd urge persistence, as there are still a few out there.
I just bought the entire set at Costco for $21.99 each. I also saw some newly stocked copies at Best Buy for $29.99 (Silly Symphonies and Disneyland USA). A couple weeks ago, I also saw Mickey Mouse at an FYE store for $32.99. I passed on MM due to the high price, later kicked myself after reading this thread, but then was very happy to find them at Costco for $11 less. :) Keep looking!
Edit:
Also, Costco.com still has them listed for the same price of $21.99 plus shipping and tax. I was going to order them there if I didn't find them at my local store.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Thought I might point out for anyone in the Portland, OR area... I was at the Hollywood district Fred Meyer the other day, and they had 2 Mickey In Living Color tins and 1 Davy Crockett for $24.99 each. I thought about grabbing one of the Mickeys for myself, but I'm not a huge fan of the mouse.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You shoulda acted on your instincts Martin. I never thought I was a big Mickey Mouse cartoon fan, but I find myself enjoying the set quite a lot. The shorts are quite imaginative and "charming" is about the best word I can think to desribe them. My family and I have been laughing out loud at some of them. The quality of the work endures.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I just bought Mickey at Disneyland a few days ago for 29.99. My number was in the three thousands...but the rest were pretty high numbered and the lady at the register said it was the last batch for the park. I'm glad I got that and Silly Symphonies. One question, what are the opinions on the Disneyland set?

Ernesto Santos

Stunt Coordinator
By chance I found a single copy at Sam's Club about three weeks ago. They are all gone now even the Disneyland and Davy Crockett ones. I now have 1 Mickey and 1 Silly Symphonies sealed in the box besides my opened copies.

Todd Durham

Agent
they are still out there...was at costco the other day and picked up Mickey Mouse and Silly Symphonies for $21.99 each....they had a ton of them in

Keith Yatsuhashi

Stunt Coordinator
I seem to see this everywhere. I saw a couple at my local suncoast in Attleboro, MA. I saw a couple at Best Buy in Attleboro, MA. I also saw it at Newbury Comics in Warwick, RI. If you call around to these places you'll probably find it. Have you tried Disney.com?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I liberated the final copies of Davy Crockett and Disneyland USA from my local Costco last weekend. I had purchased extra copies of MM and SS, and took this as a sign that I was meant to have an extra full set. :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Anyone still looking for the Disney Treasures may want to check the local Best Buy. My store currently has all four sets in stock and has had at least a couple in stock regularly over the past few weeks.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
For those in the Rochester, MN area, Best Buy had one Mickey Mouse in Living Color as of last week, and Sam's Club had four Mickey Mouses's, many more Silly Symphony's and a slew of Disneyland's and Davy Crockett's, all for $20.99 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks