What's new

can't do a trick on Tricky (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Jack, make sure that you are holding crouch well before the jump, and release it right at the top of the ramp. The timing is a bit touchy but you will get the hang of it. Also, some tricks seem to get you to jump higher.

-Dave

Miles_W

Second Unit
Brett, you lost me somewhere, I have been playing a couple of days now on GC and I am still wondering how you get sufficent air for higher than 720 spins, you mention a pre-wind, are you saying you can hold the controlpad prior to takeoff and "wind up for a spin before take off?" is it important to hold the "a" button while "winding up"?

many thanks...

( stuck on chapter 4 of my trick book!)

Miles

The keys to doing good tricks in Tricky (and the original, actually) are:
1. Holding down the jump button (the A button on Xbox, the X button on PS2, I can't speak for the GameCube, at least not yet :)) as long as you can before you hit the ramp
2. If you are intending to spin or flip or both, hold those buttons down (the D-Pad on Xbox and PS2) after you've begun holding the jump button down
3. Releasing the jump button at the top of the ramp to get the best air. This is more a matter of timing and practice.
Having better trick ability helps *alot*. Sometimes it becomes a hassle, even, as the character will want to spin even more than you want him/her to do.
-David (only one trick book left to complete)

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Sometimes it becomes a hassle, even, as the character will want to spin even more than you want him/her to do.

Agreed. For some time I couldn't get one of the 720 tricks because I kept hitting 900. I kept begging the GC to just let me have credit for the trick, but for some reason it never gave in...

David: Did you ever get that last trick?

Pieter

Jeff_Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
It seems like each character has at least one trick that's really hard to pull off in the trick book. Completing the trick book is really useful, because it unlocks the character's uberboard! I usually do showoffs in Garibaldi until I've completed the trick book. You can do any trick off of that first jump, and if you screw it up, just restart. I've also noticed that certain tricks require using the rider's preferred board. For example, when I was working on Marisol, I used her freestyle board to complete her trick chapter, but no matter what I couldn't get this one grab right. It dawned on me to try one of her alpine boards, worked like a charm.

Beating Alaska on showoff is difficult. I've done it a few times now. I try to get as many rail grinds as possible in the beginning. There are a few key multipliers where I try do uber-tricks. One is the x3 on the first river crossing. Next is the x5 off of the next rail. After that, I try to get the x3 in the ice cave shortcut. But, the big winner for Alaska is to jump early from the last jump. If you do it right, you hit the x5 and you have enough time to spin while doing 2-3 ubertricks. That last trick is how you win Alaska.

Yes, I did complete all the trick books. I've also gotten gold on all the showoffs up through and including Tokyo Megaplex. Working on the races now.

And yes, I forgot to include on my list that you need to use the same type of board as the uberboard in order to complete your trick book. The different boards result in different tricks for a given key combination.

-David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks