Did you have a nice trip! :)

Pictures?
[really, I was just keeping your seat warm!]
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis

There's a reason I buy things at Costco and Sam's Club.....

Hey I'm going to hijack this thread even more....

Sam's Club has the Canon SD600 for only $208. That's more appealing to my cheap nature. I'm not going to go hog-wild on a digital camera now since the quality keeps improving year to year, but I do need to upgrade from my battery-munching zoomless 8 year old Fujifilm MX-1200. That brick eats 4 AA batteries with every 20 exposures or so.... :angry:

Wait a minute...I'm not hijacking the thread! This thread is ABOUT the Canon SD600!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Well I picked up the Canon SD600 today over at Sam's Club for $208. That's better than the on-line prices AND I can just take it back if I just don't like it.....

So far the best part is that the manuals are separate by language. I hate those big big THICK books that you have to carry around with several different languages in them. Canon prints the English and Spanish as SEPARATE books. This is much more convenient.

Plus the lithium battery comes with a charger.

Too bad they went cheap on the SD card enclosed. It's only 16MB. That's a poor joke in today's world. I got a pair of 2GB SD cards - with USB card readers - shipped from newegg for $46. I'm sure Cannon could have put in a 512MB SD card and only had to bump the price about $8.....

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
That's standard with most cameras as far as I know -- I think the DSLR come with 32MB... It somewhat made sense back when you could fit 16 pictures or more on such a card (but then again, those cameras probably shipped with 4MB card? Don't remember) but it really is a joke now.

--
H

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
My wife's Canon SD800IS also came with a 16MB SD card. I'm not sure why Canon even bothers to put a memory card in there, since one this size is pretty useless, especially on a 10Mp camera. I just tossed it in my desk.

My Canon Rebel XT dSLR did not come with any memory card, but my old Powershot G3 actually came with a 32MB Compact Flash card, which is actually somewhat useful on a 4Mp camera.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
The only thing the 16Mb card did for me was to allow me to fire up the camera and ensure it wasn't "dead out of the box". I'll have to wait until my real SD cards get here to try some photos.

My original 1.3 megapixel Fujifilm camera was delivered with an equally useless 4Mb flash card.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks