Canon SD1000 questions.

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Eric Alderson, May 17, 2007.

1. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

I just got a Canon SD1000 Digital Camera for my girlfriend. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on settings. I want to take a some pictures of my cell phone I am going to sell on ebay. I want to get a nice detailed shot but I don't really know where to begin. Any help would be appreciated.

2. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Well, if you're doing it for eBay, you probably want to go w/ the lowest resolution setting w/ either lowest or medium compression quality -- unless you're using some other 3rd party hosting service for the photos.

Not too sure, but you might want to shoot it in macro mode for close-up shots though you'll probably need plenty of (outdoor) light for that since the built-in flash probably won't work well for close-ups. Otherwise, you might want shoot in normal mode and crop the pics before using it on eBay -- you might also need to shoot at a higher resolution and resize down to what you need for eBay in that case.

_Man_

3. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

That's what I was thinking playing around with it. The flash was just too much on the close up in macro mode. Thanks for the reply.

4. HienN

HienN Stunt Coordinator

You might also want to try adjusting the "tone/white balance" and "My Colors" settings to find a warmer, more appealing color.