What's new

Canon S800 or HP Photosmart 1128 color printer for photos? (1 Viewer)

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
I'm researching a new color printer and I want to print out a lot of pictures and I've narrowed it down to these two models.
From what I've found, the main differences are the Canon offers 6 colors w/ individual ink cartridges as opposed to the 4 color dual cartridge HP. The Canon only has 80Kb of RAM as a buffer whereas the HP has 16Mb of buffer RAM. The Canon does B/W in 2400 dpi and the HP only does it in 600 dpi. They both provide 2400x1200 dpi for photo prints. Another plus to the HP is it does duplexing and has a built in SmartCard reader (although the Canon comes with one seperately).
If anyone has any input on either of these models I'd appreciate it, specifically from the photo print perspective, as this is what I'm mostly interested in.
Canon - $299
HP - $399
Thanks.
Troy
------------------
:My teacher tells me beauty is on the inside.
:That's just something ugly people say.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Anyone printing out color photos?
Troy
------------------

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I've always been VERY partial to HP printers, as they've proven extremely reliable for me. My current 722C is 4 years old, without a single problem. My 8 year old Deskjet 500 is still ticking, without a problem.
Something you should know- the HP 9xx series and the Photosmart printers use the same print cartridges. On HP printers, the print cartridges ARE the print head. As such, all the 9xx and Photosmarts will give you the same print quality. Speed and features are what you gain as you move up the line.
I've not played with the Canon, so I can't give you a full assessment.
Todd

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Thanks Todd!
A very interesting factoid about the print head and quality comparison of the 9xx series.
Troy
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks