What's new

canon s70 (1 Viewer)

Kyle H

Agent
Hi... What do you guys think about Canon S70 ? w/ 7.1 mp ...is there another one at this price range ~$500 that is better than this? thanks.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I would wait for some solid reviews first if I were you, especially to see about noise performance and potential purple fringing problems. Failing that, I'd rather save the $100 for something else and go w/ the S60 instead -- assuming you actually love the S series digicams in general.

There are of course other fine choices, but which one is best for you will really depend on exactly what you want, what you'll be shooting most, your own preferences for features and ergonomics, etc. etc.

Other possibly better choices would include G5 and G6 although they do cost more, are bigger and their lenses aren't as wide as the S60/S70 at the wide end. Everything else about them, except maybe whatever video features, should be better though. And of course, other brands have good options too.

_Man_

JamesMH

Stunt Coordinator
The s70/s60/s50 are all great cameras. The new s70 has a nice wide lens.

The s series also all have built in lens covers, the G series need the lens cap, but apart from that they're very similar.

The shutter lag on these two series is very good.
I have the s40 and 10D.

Kyle H

Agent
I like the s70 for its size... and the len cover... where the G6 needs the cap and I hate that...beside it's too big to slide it in the pocket.I had the omlympus which is the same size..and it's very incovience...I guess I'll wait for the review on the s70....b/c it looks promising 7.1 mp
Thanks alot for the replies guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks